Christmas gifts

ShreddedOakAviary

Jul 13, 2011
Parrots
M2's, U2's, G2's, RB2's, VOS, RLA's, BFA's, DYHA's, Dusky Pionus, Blue and Green Quakers, Meyers Parrots, VOS, GW Macaw's, Harlequin Macaws, Tiels, YNA, TAG's, CAG's, Blue Crown Conures, Red sided Ecl
I am always really excited this time of year as I wait (not so patiently) to see the faces on people when they open the gifts I have meticulously chosen. But this year I am equally as excited about what my husband bought for me. My husband and I have an impossible time not telling each other what we bought for the other one. So he knows I bought him an air compressor, air compressor tool set, a MIG welder, and a log splitter. I normally don't allow anyone to buy me gifts, simply because if I want something throughout the year I generally just buy it. But this year has been different. There is something I have wanted for the past 8 months, and for some reason could never bring myself to buy one. I have 4 acoustic guitars, one of them is very rare and it's actually in perfect condition and 11 months older than I am... It's the one I play the most. I have what I call my back up guitar (that is usually set to an alternate tuning), my classical nylon string guitar, and my "trash and outside" guitar... the one I use to play at camp fires. I have set aside an entire room of our house to someday house my entire guitar collection. I want a banjo, a bass, an electric with single pick ups, and electric with humbucker pickups, and a combination of the two. I want an acoustic with an electric pick up, and a few amps. The trouble is, I just won't buy these things. Somehow it makes me feel guilty to even want them. This is probably because in all my life I have only ever done things that other people wanted me to do. Guitar was the first thing I ever learned to do as an adult that my motives for doing it are mine alone. Anyway, I was longingly looking at guitars (as I always do), and my husband said he just couldn't stand it anymore... so he pulled out a receipt for an electric guitar, case, and amp that he bought me. I CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY IT! I haven't felt this weird little kid impatience since... well... since I was a kid. I cried, because I guess I just needed someone else to tell me and prove to me that it is ok to do something I want to do simply because I like to.

Freespin

Nov 28, 2013
Waikato New Zealand
Parrots
Male senegal - Stephen. Previously Barry - Male Barraband
Nelson - Male Eclectus
Awww that is so great! You and your husband sound very spoilt this year! Do your Burdys join in on a little sing song?

OP
ShreddedOakAviary

ShreddedOakAviary

Jul 13, 2011
Parrots
M2's, U2's, G2's, RB2's, VOS, RLA's, BFA's, DYHA's, Dusky Pionus, Blue and Green Quakers, Meyers Parrots, VOS, GW Macaw's, Harlequin Macaws, Tiels, YNA, TAG's, CAG's, Blue Crown Conures, Red sided Ecl
my birds have varying taste in music... if I play for them I have to play picking a melody or they scream at me ;)

thekarens

Sep 29, 2013
That's awesome. If my partner told me what she bought me she would just have to give it to me. I wouldn't be able to stand it.

OP
ShreddedOakAviary

ShreddedOakAviary

Jul 13, 2011
Parrots
We always wrap the presents even though we know what they are. My sister lives with us while she's attending college, and my son is 13. The one year that Chris and I didn't have gifts under the tree, the two of them felt so bad and sad... so we don't tell them we know what we are getting... we wrap the gifts for each other... open them, and then act surprised. Somehow it makes my son and my sister enjoy Christmas more when they see us get gifts too. I also usually buy small gifts for my husband and myself, and then I tell them what "they" got for Dad, and Dad tells them what "they" got for me. Of course they probably felt weird about us not getting gifts, because EVERY animal that lives here has a stocking with their name on it, and I put their favorite toys or treats in them. Last year the horses each got a new rain sheet and some carrots and peppermint treats. The dogs always get toys and treats and so do the cats... the parrots get whatever their favorite toy or treats are too... I told you, I REALLY love buying stuff for others at Christmas :D

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
I can relate to buying gifts for the animals. All of the dogs and birds have stockings,LOL.it's more fun than buying gifts for people.

Most Reactions

Latest posts