Christmas Present Success!

EAI

Jul 25, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Parrots
Budgerigar: Arrow, Esther, Kratos, Cora, Ducky.

Lovebird: Izzy, Gizmo.
After getting a bit tired of this little nugget climbing in my T-shirt and shorts, I've decided to finally get him a hut. The Coconut Hut (maybe I'll get it when I get a job) I originally wanted was on the higher-end of prices so I got a regular hut! I really liked the very condensed fabric seemed nearly impossible to pick at -- still doing a check every week. I'm hoping it doesn't create a hormonal issue or it's coming out and fast as it came in.

Anyways..on the pics!

Probably the closest I'll get to owning a Macaw :rolleyes:.

I only got him in with his millets as bait.

Thought he would keep the blue ball in...nope! He chucked that thing out ASAP.

It's getting cold here, so he finally got convinced to sleeping in there (kinda with my help). Don't be fooled, he doesn't sleep like that, more like having his beak outside inbetween the bars.

Extremely happy on this purchase :D! I'm thinking of getting this for my two Keets since they aren't big on chewing (they got a brand new shipping of toys for christmas, hopefully I can snatch pics of them playing with them).

Dec 14, 2014
Parrots
R.I.P Kiwiberry, GCC.
How adorable! :)
I was actually planning on buying a hut my for GCC, but the price is is a bit too high when you can make one yourself for just a fraction of the cost. So I asked my grandma if she could make one, as she has a sewing machine, but she must have forgot.

IRNMom

Jun 16, 2014
New Britain, CT
Parrots
KissKiss, Indian Ringneck
Lolo, Cockatiel
Petri, Love bird
Scooter, Cinnamon Green Cheek Conure
I made a hut out of fleece for my ringneck and tiel,who completely ignored it. I put one in with the new baby and at first she (not dna tested yet,just a feeling) went under it and hid behind it. After a day, she figured out she could go in it and now it's the only place she sleeps. I'm so happy somebirdy is using the hut I made!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Awww, those are adorable! He sure looks like he is enjoying that hut:)

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
The hut is perfect for him, I don't think you'll have to use millet bait to get him to go inside for long. Thanks for posting those cute pics!

Somehow I have a feeling you will get your macaw! :)

OP
EAI

EAI

Jul 25, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Parrots

How adorable! :)
I was actually planning on buying a hut my for GCC, but the price is is a bit too high when you can make one yourself for just a fraction of the cost. So I asked my grandma if she could make one, as she has a sewing machine, but she must have forgot.

Thank's for the ideas! I'm looking up how to make those for the 'keets so the money wouldn't be such a complete waste if they decide not to use it aaaaanndd it seems easier to custom fit it for their cage. Now only if I could find a sewing machine :mad:!

I made a hut out of fleece for my ringneck and tiel,who completely ignored it. I put one in with the new baby and at first she (not dna tested yet,just a feeling) went under it and hid behind it. After a day, she figured out she could go in it and now it's the only place she sleeps. I'm so happy somebirdy is using the hut I made!
Congrats on your small (?) victory! I would love to see pics for inspiration, only if it doesn't bother you.

OP
EAI

EAI

Jul 25, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Parrots

The hut is perfect for him, I don't think you'll have to use millet bait to get him to go inside for long. Thanks for posting those cute pics!

Somehow I have a feeling you will get your macaw! :)

You might have jinxed it, I came home at 7ish and I found the little nugget fast asleep in there!

By the time I get a macaw I'm hoping for skin made from the strongest metals! I have to keep dreaming in the meant ime :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Most Reactions