Clicker/target training and flighted recall - for Jim/Amymybluefront

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
As promised, I’ve started the training! I’ll be updating this thread with the new videos.

This first video is the very start of clicker training, called “charging the clicker”, teaching the bird that *click* means good stuff. But we don’t like clickers so we use WORDS in lieu of a clicker. This is the first of six total sessions I’ll do in this part of the training. Let me know if you want a video of any of those. They’ll be identical to this one.

Note on this video: He JUST got home from his vacation with grandma a couple hours ago, and he’s not very happy. You can see he’s just not interested. Im almost certain I rushed into this a bit soon, but he’s been cooped up in a cage at my moms because of cats so I really wanted to get him out and interacting. Necessity trumps interest here.

[ame="https://youtu.be/ukBCBmZninc"]Parrot clicker training without a clicker, the beginning of flighted recall - YouTube[/ame]

OP
chris-md

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Just bumping so Jim sees

OP
chris-md

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Just FYI, I’ve got a couple more charging sessions before I can start target training. We’ve also got houseguests coming in 2 days for the weekend. Look for the next installment early next week.

Most Reactions