Cockatiel beak HELP!

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
ha ha, I was typing as you loaded it....he/she is split to pied(just another mutation)
so in other words, you have a lutino pearl split to pied.

so now we know, you have a male, females cannot be split to anything,they are always visual, if I have that correct....ahhh genetics, so confusing ;)

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
You talking about that few grey streks on the back of her head??? That's nothing unusual as she is a pied after all.

OP
T

tungtruong4

Jan 19, 2014
These birds are hard to sex without a DNA test :D. So this is just split and there nothing wrong with my bird right? :D Thanks Crimson again, you're always here to help :D

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
Num Num- cinnamon pied Lutino-Male

Num Nums' sister -Angus--Lutino Pearl

lisascannell

Sep 1, 2013
South Australia
Parrots
2 Lovebirds, 5 cockatiels, finch, budgie, Indian Ringneck
I'm not sure exactly what your concerns are about its beak? Just looks like a normal cockatiel beak to me!
It's a cute bird by the way :)

OP
T

tungtruong4

Jan 19, 2014
awesome birds you have there, they look so cute :D. Your birds seem enjoy the toys a lot :). How long did it take for your bird enjoy to play with their toys do you know? I have prepare the veggie with some fruit but he doesn't seem like it and just eat his old food which is the seeds.

OP
T

tungtruong4

Jan 19, 2014
I'm not sure exactly what your concerns are about its beak? Just looks like a normal cockatiel beak to me!
It's a cute bird by the way :)

Thanks, since it was my first bird, so I'm a little bit confuse about the beak, but after a few research and a few explanation from you guys. Now, I know it's just normal for this species of bird :D

Most Reactions