Cockatoo again?

OP
Highlandparrots92

Highlandparrots92

Aug 6, 2017
Scotland, edinburgh
Parrots
Parrotlets,Irish fancy canaries, meyers, jardines, white capped pionus, Budgies, Tiels, Goldie & Scaly Lorikeets, Lineolated parakeets, Kakarkis, R.i.P - Pip lesser sulphur cocktoo "always on my shoul
Thank you everyone for your thoughts and advice i reckon be a galah i settle on have a love for cockatoos after my first girl but she was a bit to needy so a galah being bit more independant sounds like would work out fantastically. Many thanks Sam

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
So many members highly endorse galahs, your decision seems excellent. Looking forward to hearing about your new companion!

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
That is good news you have decided on a Rose Breasted Cockatoo. Can I ask one small thing? That you look for one that needs a new home first please? It makes good sense to offer a good home to one that is unwanted. Preloved, Birdtrader are a start or even better if you have any rescues in your area that you can visit. Let the bird choose you, you need to see a sense of independence, that it will amuse itself, has toys and likes to play/chew them and the obvious healthy and not overweight. Oh best if not clipped and can and does fly.

Just realised that you have a flock already it would be worth asking how folk get on mixing an RB2 with other parrots? Mine is dead set on being an only, just about tolerates another RB2 that visits for his hols.

Just to get your search going LOL https://www.birdtrader.co.uk/parrots-for-sale/cockatoos/scotland

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts