Lil gray spots near eyes?

Fauna

Dec 12, 2023
Parrots
Pineapple conure- Tiago
Two budgies- Edith & Azalea
My parents got me a couple of budgies last summer. I love them to death but ive never been able to fully tame them. The only times they’re willing to step onto me or even let me get close is when they fly too far from their cage and need help getting back. This time my girl Edith flew right out of my room and into the bigger area. (my room is in the basement so theres no other animals or people that could potentially hurt her) When i went to go get her, i noticed these little gray spots around her eyes. Ive never seen them before and they werent there when she first came home. She used to be much more comfortable with me, but she became much more distant when i accidentally cut her nail a bit too short. Azalea, my other budgie, has never warmed up to me unfortunately. The main reason im posting this is to get answers on the gray spots around her eyes, but advice on how to get them to warm up to me would be great. Theyre very active and playful with each other when i dont bother them and seem super happy, they just get really nervous when i get close to them. Im very concerned about Edith. Im 16 and currently unemployed (applying to jobs) and i wont be able to afford to take her to a vet which really freaks me out about her health.

Attachments

• IMG_9429.jpeg
    IMG_9429.jpeg
    101 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_7726.jpeg
    IMG_7726.jpeg
    149.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7728.jpeg
    IMG_7728.jpeg
    155 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7725.jpeg
    IMG_7725.jpeg
    144.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_9428.mov
    9.3 MB
Last edited:

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
I know with Conures, thier "eye rings" get darker over time. I'd say it's just normal aging for all birds.

Jcas

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Parrots
Quaker, 2 budgies
Agreed; I’m not really seeing anything to worry about here. Beautiful budgies! ❤️

Most Reactions

Latest posts