Cockatoo Breeders In The Midwest ?

Patty550

Jan 13, 2020
My wife and I are looking for a Moluccan or Umbrella. We were scammed for $1,200 with a breeder on Facebook.
Is there reputable breeders in the central midwest, surrounding states of Nebraska ?
Iowa, South Dakota, Kansas, Missouri, parts of Colorado and other states that are closer to Lincoln Ne. Hoping for under 5 hours of driving.
Thank you,
Kevin

Last edited:
OP
Patty550

Patty550

Jan 13, 2020
My wife and I are looking for a Moluccan or Umbrella. We were scammed for $1,200 with a breeder on Facebook.
Is there reputable breeders in the central midwest, surrounding states of Nebraska ?
Iowa, South Dakota, Kansas, Missouri, parts of Colorado and other states that are closer to Lincoln Ne. Hoping for under 5 hours of driving.
Thank you,
Kevin
Anyone ?

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Thank you,
Kevin
I am in Australia, and if you were here I'd suggest you contact our state Parrot Society - I imagine there is something equivalent in either your State or one of the neighbouring ones? Perhaps you could also consider asking avian vets in your area? Good breeders here will take their babies in for wellness checks and that's how I was able to find contacts when I was looking for the lorikeet baby that I brought home last year - I imagine a good breeder there would do the same. Maybe you can find a vet who can help you with a contact listed among those in the resource linked below ...

I also found a listing of bird breeders in the US - again I am not in your country, but other members who are might be able to weigh in as to whether the breeders listed here are reliable, but I'm *reasonably* sure they're more reliable than that outfit you found on Fb that scammed you - and I'm very sorry that happened!

Wishing you all the very best of luck in your search!

Squirt

Oct 13, 2013
NJ
Parrots
Sun Conure (f) Tallulah
There are so many Moluccans and Umbrellas in rescues. These are not easy birds.

ImaParrot

Apr 13, 2023
Media
Houston, Texas
Parrots
Turtle (my sister's budgie. Let's be real, I'm taking care of him)
Elvis (budgie)
Olive (budgie)
Niki R.I.P (budgie)
Thank you,
Kevin
You are brave. A year ago, I thought I wanted a cockatoo. I recently visited a bird store that had three-four types of cockatoos. Even I, the most parrot-crazy in the family, was resisting the urge to cover my ears. Good luck!

Most Reactions