Coconut grew a tail LOL

Tropical

Oct 13, 2015
Palm Beach
Parrots
Two Cockatiels: Rascal (Geraldine) and his baby brother named Coconut!
Suddenly Coconut has a tail (he broke off all of his baby tails feathers except for one feather... that is all he had left as his tail LOL) and the new tail feathers are solid gray (no more yellow bars underneath)... and suddenly he sprouted tons of new flight feathers at lightning speed... and I'm noticing his cheeks look more yellow lately?

When Coconut stands next to Rascal... you can see he still has a very long way to go... but I think he's starting to morph! :)

[ame="https://youtu.be/bPgPpFbqMnM"]"Scratch" "Scratch"... what you looking at!!! - YouTube[/ame]

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
adorable, I cant wait till my 3 babies get there adult feathers.

OP
Tropical

Tropical

Oct 13, 2015
Palm Beach
Parrots
Looking back at old pics/videos of Coconut... I see his face is indeed changing into more yellow coloring and his orange circles getting more vibrant :)

Since I look at him everyday I didn't even notice that he's starting to transition until I looked at old pics LOL.... and that's when I was like WOW!... he's changed sooo much in appearance!

You can see in this old video of him singing up a storm he looked very different... his face hardly had any yellow couple months ago! [ame="https://youtu.be/ne73tR-ch94"]Coconut chattering & singing up a storm :) - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Puck

Mar 8, 2015
He's looking really good! Such a handsome Mr. Coconut, looking so grown up!

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Just about every day now, I see more yellow in BB's face :) But his sleeves still refuse to grow! :confused: I can see a "little" progress..maybe 3/4 of an inch on each of his arms.
But his doc did say,he is still doing his baby/adult molt..still has "bars" on some tail feathers.

Beebs old then 'Nut,yet 'Nut is flying already. C'mon BB,get on the stick will ya??? lol.

Juliet, how is coconut and his screaming gone? has he calmed down any? :grey:

Jim

OP
Tropical

Tropical

Oct 13, 2015
Palm Beach
Parrots
Just about every day now, I see more yellow in BB's face :) But his sleeves still refuse to grow! :confused: I can see a "little" progress..maybe 3/4 of an inch on each of his arms.
But his doc did say,he is still doing his baby/adult molt..still has "bars" on some tail feathers.

Beebs old then 'Nut,yet 'Nut is flying already. C'mon BB,get on the stick will ya??? lol.

Juliet, how is coconut and his screaming gone? has he calmed down any? :grey:

Jim

It might be that 'Nut is older than I realize... not sure. The breeder told me he was about 3 1/2 months old when I got him... breeder didn't know exact hatch date which is a bummer. I know some tiels just mature later... that is prob a good thing... BB is aging slower ;)

It's awesome... I am not having nearly as much screaming problems with 'Nut past few days... I'm very happy about it! I actually have started doing something a little different about a week ago being that now when it's Coconut's time to be inside the cage I cover front of cage so he's can't see me sitting in living room with Rascal anymore... this didn't work before... but seems it has FINALLY started working as now he no longer paces back and forth in front of cage door trying to come out screaming his head off. Cage is next to porch sliding glasss door so he has nice view of my backyard... but it seems this new "setup" needed time to start working! :D

They BOTH scream their heads off when it's dinner time though LOL... like dogs... they are monsters eager to come eat with me... they KNOW when it's dinner time hehe :)

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Happy to hear Coconut has come to his senses... DON'T P.O. Mommy, 'NUT! :eek: :23:

Jim

OP
Tropical

Tropical

Oct 13, 2015
Palm Beach
Parrots
Happy to hear Coconut has come to his senses... DON'T P.O. Mommy, 'NUT! :eek: :23:

Jim

LOL exactly! I am so proud of 'Nut he has been an angel past 3 days singing instead of screaming constantly... good bird :)

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
My 3 (hatching date starting 8-10-16) are flying. What's more they are able to land where they want on at least 2nd or 3rd try.

Middle hatched bird (Mango) favorite landing area is on top of my head. I guess my hair gives him something to grab hold of.
So far they aren't making a lot of noise. With all the Tiels in the same general area it's hard to tell who is making what noise.
texsize

OP
Tropical

Tropical

Oct 13, 2015
Palm Beach
Parrots
My 3 (hatching date starting 8-10-16) are flying. What's more they are able to land where they want on at least 2nd or 3rd try.

Middle hatched bird (Mango) favorite landing area is on top of my head. I guess my hair gives him something to grab hold of.
So far they aren't making a lot of noise. With all the Tiels in the same general area it's hard to tell who is making what noise.
texsize

Wow you have a lot of birds! I would seriously lose my mind with all that noise and would not be able to handle it that's for certain. Do you breed birds which is why you have so many? I know many people on this forum have lots of birds. I admire your ability to have so many birds... I could never do it!

I hope to get a GCC day but right now I have my hands completely full with just 2 tiels hehe :D

... and today Rascal is being the bad one screaming his head off... so now 'Nut is inside the cage singing his heart out while Rascal sleeps on my leg.

Most Reactions

Latest posts