Cokatoo galah

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
Yes OK, appreciate that. The baby Galah should be weaned and eating pellets, fruits and veggies on it's own and not need feeding by you when you buy it.

OP
SA.Tsv

SA.Tsv

Oct 6, 2016
Russia, Saint-Petersburg
Parrots
Indian Ringnecks (blue female and male) and Cockatoo Galah (male)
Yes OK, appreciate that. The baby Galah should be weaned and eating pellets, fruits and veggies on it's own and not need feeding by you when you buy it.

What better baby parrot, that hatched in the incubator or in the nest?

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Pellets are better I feed these :-

http://www.northernparrots.com/lafe...gle_shopping&gclid=CPW2ycCVy88CFUVmGwodwVYBIQ

spacer.gif

and these

http://www.northernparrots.com/tops-parrot-food-small-pellets-prod570905a/?src=google_shopping

Seed not that good. Loads of vegetables as well.
spacer.gif

Last edited:
OP
SA.Tsv

SA.Tsv

Oct 6, 2016
Russia, Saint-Petersburg
Parrots
OP
SA.Tsv

SA.Tsv

Oct 6, 2016
Russia, Saint-Petersburg
Parrots

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Nutribird G14 Original Maintenance
NutriBird G 14 Original is a balanced complete maintenance food for large parakeets. Pellets with a scientifically approved composition, based on selected grains, fresh fruit and peanuts. Completely consumable, no losses. Contains Florastimul, which supports the intestinal flora and protects against intestinal disorders. If your bird is not used to pellet food, the switch to this new type of food must be made gradually.

Not like PEANUTS.

P15 has Peanuts also.

Last edited:
OP
SA.Tsv

SA.Tsv

Oct 6, 2016
Russia, Saint-Petersburg
Parrots
Nutribird G14 Original Maintenance
NutriBird G 14 Original is a balanced complete maintenance food for large parakeets. Pellets with a scientifically approved composition, based on selected grains, fresh fruit and peanuts. Completely consumable, no losses. Contains Florastimul, which supports the intestinal flora and protects against intestinal disorders. If your bird is not used to pellet food, the switch to this new type of food must be made gradually.

Not like PEANUTS.

Thank you) i understand )

OP
SA.Tsv

SA.Tsv

Oct 6, 2016
Russia, Saint-Petersburg
Parrots

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Galahs need a good diet or they become ill with Liver problems. Follow the information here and he/she will be healthy and live a long time.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Cockatoos need fresh vegetables and fruits if possible. Depending on the source, frozen is acceptable if well-rinsed to remove the salt. Canned vegetables should be avoided unless you get the low-salt variety and rinse very very well. The only thing I feed from a can are garbanzo beans (chick peas)

My cockatoos enjoy all sorts of beans, including lima, kidney, garbanzo, edamame pods, and black. Peas, black-eyed peas, yams, sweet potatoes, squash, small amounts of corn, apple, orange, pomegranate, melon and the seeds, banana, peppers, green beans, etc are also given. They enjoy whole-wheat or whole grain spiral noodles, and bits of dark grain bread.

When introducing a new food, be patient as they can be stubborn. They may refuse something for many years, but one day take a bite and enjoy. Birds are flock-eaters, and if you eat the same vegetables and fruits in front of them it becomes a game! Make your own plate and your galah will watch you eat and become interested.

OP
SA.Tsv

SA.Tsv

Oct 6, 2016
Russia, Saint-Petersburg
Parrots
Versele-Laga NutriBird H16 - It does not contain peanuts
product-113cf9ed56b9baeb2f3b5bf29973de6a-199x224.jpg

Product Description
Versele Laga NutriBird H16 Hornbill is a balanced complete maintenance food for hornbills and other large fruit-eating birds. It contains pellets with a scientifically approved composition, based on selected cereals and plenty of fresh fruits. Completely consumable, no losses. Contains Florastimul which supports the intestinal flora and protects against intestinal disorders. Ingredients: Cereals, seeds, fruit (min 10% fresh fruit), vegetable protein extracts, derivatives of vegetable origin, sugars, minerals, L-lysine, methionine, extr. yucca schidigera, fructo-oligosaccharides.

Maybe It?
For Galah

Last edited:

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
No not really, laughing.

Reason:-
The hornbills (Bucerotidae) are a family of bird found in tropical and subtropical Africa, Asia and Melanesia. They are characterized by a long, down-curved bill which is frequently brightly colored and sometimes has a casque on the upper mandible.

OP
SA.Tsv

SA.Tsv

Oct 6, 2016
Russia, Saint-Petersburg
Parrots
No not really, laughing.

Reason:-
The hornbills (Bucerotidae) are a family of bird found in tropical and subtropical Africa, Asia and Melanesia. They are characterized by a long, down-curved bill which is frequently brightly colored and sometimes has a casque on the upper mandible.

Okey, thank you! :smile049:

itchyfeet

Nov 1, 2014
Middle Earth
Parrots
Ethyl the cockatiel, Henry & Clarke the IRN's, and Skittles the lovebird (my daughters)
Your IRN is very lucky - those bowls look amazing!

Most Reactions