Cokatoo galah

OP
SA.Tsv

SA.Tsv

Oct 6, 2016
Russia, Saint-Petersburg
Parrots
Indian Ringnecks (blue female and male) and Cockatoo Galah (male)
Your IRN is very lucky - those bowls look amazing!

Thank you) But She half a year don't love this food) for a very long time to get used to the new food.
In the store, she only eating sunflower seeds :19:

Last edited:
OP
SA.Tsv

SA.Tsv

Oct 6, 2016
Russia, Saint-Petersburg
Parrots
Hello)
It's good food for parrots?
perle-morbide.jpg

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
Hello again, Zupreem Natural is OK. Very large pellets, my Galah does not like big pellets. You could break them down?

More like these:
natural-m.jpg

Last edited:
OP
SA.Tsv

SA.Tsv

Oct 6, 2016
Russia, Saint-Petersburg
Parrots
Okey, i understand
Maybe i buy it's food in Ebay, but shipping 35$ (((

OP
SA.Tsv

SA.Tsv

Oct 6, 2016
Russia, Saint-Petersburg
Parrots

Puck

Mar 8, 2015
My galah loves the medium sized Zupreem Natural pellets because she loves breaking them into smaller pieces just for something fun to do. She likes them better than the small ones, which I have also bought for her before. So it may depend on the bird!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
Welcome! From Russia with love. :)

My story... not sure how it will help you...

I love Harrison's Bird Foods pellets, supplemented by fresh healthy treats. My first and current avian vet recommended it. My bird loves the pellets now, but to get him converted, my avian vet suggested putting pellets out all day, and putting seeds (his old diet) out for two 15-minute periods a day. That would sustain him but leave him hungry. He was eating pellets in a couple of days, and now I can feed a good variety of other stuff, knowing he has the pellets as a basic.

Additional thoughts... take any issue or topic which interests you, and use the Search Tab to read, read, read about it. I do that a lot. The people here are an amazing source of information, advice, and support. I'm glad you found this place!

OP
SA.Tsv

SA.Tsv

Oct 6, 2016
Russia, Saint-Petersburg
Parrots
Puck - Thanks for the reply!

GaleriaGila - Hello! It is not sold in Russia, and on Amazon and EBay is very expensive shipping
Yes, I read a lot on the forum, but I know English bad(

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Puck - Thanks for the reply!

GaleriaGila - Hello! It is not sold in Russia, and on Amazon and EBay is very expensive shipping
Yes, I read a lot on the forum, but I know English bad(

You are doing alright SA.Tsv, don't kick yourself!

Wish it was as easy as Gail said, this thread would have finished 3 pages back LOL.

For your new Galah you will need to find out what food they are already eating. :)

Last edited:
OP
SA.Tsv

SA.Tsv

Oct 6, 2016
Russia, Saint-Petersburg
Parrots
plumsmum2005
the baby Galah, whom I have chosen, come to me next week. He is now 3 months. He is from another city. I refused to parrot from a pet store.
Now he just started to eat dry food, but there's a lot of sunflower seeds, I don't want to feed him this.
So ask a lot of questions.

Is there a separate forum topic about diet for a Galah? It is very helpful to me, not to ask a lot of questions here
About nutrition of parrots, I know, but probably there are some exceptions for Galah.
In Russia very little information about Galah. They live in the home have units. This is one of the rare parrots in our country.

Thank you for the answer!

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
plumsmum2005
the baby Galah, whom I have chosen, come to me next week. He is now 3 months. He is from another city. I refused to parrot from a pet store.
Now he just started to eat dry food, but there's a lot of sunflower seeds, I don't want to feed him this.
So ask a lot of questions.

Is there a separate forum topic about diet for a Galah? It is very helpful to me, not to ask a lot of questions here
About nutrition of parrots, I know, but probably there are some exceptions for Galah.
In Russia very little information about Galah. They live in the home have units. This is one of the rare parrots in our country.

Thank you for the answer!

Ooh a baby, lovely. You are right regarding Sunflower seeds, don't feed these. Fairly simple for Galah if you remember they are prone to fatty liver disease so need to be very sensible with HIGH FAT foods in their diet. Do the best you can in giving vegetables, fruit and very small amounts of nuts, oils, seeds. Buy the best pelleted diet you are able to get, but this is only a small part of their diet (20/30%). Make sure your baby gets lots of flying and exercise, has plenty of toys and a big cage and he will be happy and healthy. The food you show you feed your IRN is good for Galah too. Keep it simple! :)

Your IRN may help in teaching this baby to eat well, by watching him/her eating.

Weigh your baby bird regularly to check it is well and not becoming overweight. If your baby is stubborn with eating healthy vegetables, legumes and fruits sit and feed him. Hold him and his bowl and he should eat, if not you eat a little bit, tell him it's good.

Oh don't forget you can 'sprout' that seed and make it ten times better, really one of the best foods for parrots.

You are welcome!

Last edited:

Jerseyjeff62

Sep 11, 2015
New Jersey
Parrots
parakeet 20yrs(RIP PETEY),Gracie a TAG
Are you looking eBay and amazon in USA? I think eBay has a U.K. Version shipping might be a little cheaper. Good luck with you galah

Most Reactions