Collection of my DIY Foraging Toys

DallyTsuka

Mar 19, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Parrots
Dallas and Tsukasa (Cockatiels)
Mango and Munchlax (Peach Faced Lovebirds)
DIY Foraging Log

IMG_5123.jpg

IMG_5124.jpg

IMG_5131.jpg

IMG_5295.jpg

IMG_5204.jpg

Foraging Tray

IMG_7083.jpg

Easter Foraging Box

IMG_7084.jpg

Wedge of Maple Branch Foraging Foot Toy

IMG_5182.jpg

Foraging Plank

IMG_3532.jpg

mrgoogls

May 6, 2012
Parrots
1 male Quaker-Cooper
i think im going to have to steal the foraging log idea. cooper will love that! what kind of wood did you use?

OP
DallyTsuka

DallyTsuka

Mar 19, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Parrots
i used silver maple. we had a big branch we used for a perch in our tiel's cage and we cut it to size and used the cut ends to make two of these toys :) washed and baked of course :)

BillsBirds

Jan 9, 2012
Largo, Florida
Parrots
Timneh African Grey (Bailey), Lovebird (Elvis)
I like your foraging box. I have used a Rubbermaid Storage Container for mine. There's plenty of room for my guys to play around, shred things, munch a bit, and just have fun. Your other items are cool also.:)

Attachments

• HPIM1833.jpg
    HPIM1833.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 7,019
OP
DallyTsuka

DallyTsuka

Mar 19, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Parrots
I like your foraging box. I have used a Rubbermaid Storage Container for mine. There's plenty of room for my guys to play around, shred things, munch a bit, and just have fun. Your other items are cool also.:)

i see you use plastic jacks too :D

i used a holiday dessert container that was given to us over the Easter weekend. washed it out and filled it up. but the Rubbermaid container is much bigger (likely more durable too!)

i have another foraging box up on top of my cockatiels' cage that's just a cardboard tray, but they like it. i love them to hold foot toys!

BillsBirds

Jan 9, 2012
Largo, Florida
Parrots
Timneh African Grey (Bailey), Lovebird (Elvis)
Yes, they all love their jacks. When the photo was taken, there wasn't too much in the box. By the time I clean it, they have usually brought many more items into it. Not to mention all the Nutri-Berries, etc. that I have put in. I sometimes use timothy hay in the bottom, other times, not. I vary things for them each time.

mrgoogls

May 6, 2012
Parrots
1 male Quaker-Cooper
i used silver maple. we had a big branch we used for a perch in our tiel's cage and we cut it to size and used the cut ends to make two of these toys :) washed and baked of course :)
thanks! i dont have maple, but i can easily get either some apple or grapevine! again, great idea!:D

Echo

Dec 7, 2009
USA
Parrots
Green Cheek Conures, Crimson Conures, CAG, Pionus, Budgies, Goffin Cockatoo
NEAT! What did you feel the holes with? And how did you stuff it in there?

OP
DallyTsuka

DallyTsuka

Mar 19, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Parrots
i stuffed the holes with Zupreem Fruitblend Cockatiel pellets, i drilled the holes just big enough to wedge a pellet half-way into each hole. :) so you can vary the size and shape of the hole if you wanted to, i just did enough for the pellets :)

Most Reactions