Come on and molt those flights already!!

MissyMe83

Nov 29, 2011
Indiana
Parrots
Tate ~~
White Capped Pionus -
Violet ~~ Yellow Naped Amazon - Jupiter ~~ Baby B&G Macaw (coming soon)
I'm so anxious for Tate's flight feathers to molt out, so he can start flying. I just want him to be able to go from place to place when he wants to. It's sad watching him rev himself up for a jump off of his cage or the furnature and only get so far. The breeder did a major wing clipping on him which I guess I don't mind to start out with, but I want him to fly already. The wait is killing me. Just wanted to pout....

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
I know how you feel, I can't wait for our alex's flights to grow back in. She wants to fly so bad, it breaks my heart! Feels like it's taking forever when you're waiting.

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
I'm going through the same with Pete. I don't even know if he knows how to fly. He has 2 flight feathers grown back in and that's it. But, he's lost quite a few of those clipped feathers this week so the new ones must be coming out.

Actually I want him to get all new feathers badly because his old ones are all icky from malnutrition and some of them are driving him crazy right now. I just keep telling him, "Eat your pellets, honey, so you get nice, new feathers."

OP
MissyMe83

MissyMe83

Nov 29, 2011
Indiana
Parrots
Tate ~~
White Capped Pionus -
Violet ~~ Yellow Naped Amazon - Jupiter ~~ Baby B&G Macaw (coming soon)
Awe, poor little Pete! Glad to hear that a few new ones are coming in. It seems like such a long process, or maybe that trait of mine called impatient!

Helitorian

Dec 15, 2011
Nebraska
Parrots
RIP Constantine: Jenday Conure
I'm irritated that I have to wait to the end of the year for Con's next major molt so she can get her flights in. It's kind of a good thing though because I'll be in my own place and won't have to worry about my dad opening the doors.

IF I am able to get Sweet Pea, her flights are already coming in unless they clipped her within the past 3 days I haven't been at work. I'll check tomorrow morning when I take her out for cuddles and play.

Most Reactions

Latest posts