Construction begins today!!

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Love the pics, Shirre! (Btw, how is your name actually pronounced? Is it like Frodo's Shire? Or is it like sheer? Or perhaps short for Shirley? Or something else altogether?)
I especially love the one of Chili in the mirror! Hahaha!
I'm so glad your first night in the house went well! Enjoy that beautiful home!

LOLOLOLOL uhhhhh none of the above! Hahha it's pronounced sure-eee (like the word sure! let's go somewhere!). Loved the hobbit reference btw ;)

I was surprised she didn't freak out when she saw herself in the mirror...and she kept falling into the sink and then of course couldn't get out :rolleyes:

She loved the towel rack

And thank you! [emoji4]

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Hahaha! She looks like she's posing in that pic!

And Shirre? (So glad I know how to pronounce that, now! It was nagging at me, like the tag on the back of a shirt collar!) Rare is the woman who has an appreciation for a hobbit reference! I'm quite impressed!

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Aah, thanks Shirre!:D I thought the spelling was so pretty, and the pronunciation is certainly a pretty name to say also! My guess was 'sure-ay'.
Thanks Stephen for asking :)

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Lol she loves the texture on the walls- she was rubbing her beak all over it, but I was scared she was going to take a bite out of the wall!! Haha

That's why you buy tag-less tees!!! ;)

Oh we have all the hobbit movies, even desolation of smaug (was pretty disappointed in the ending!!) some days we do hobbit movie marathons [emoji2]

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Aah, thanks Shirre!:D I thought the spelling was so pretty, and the pronunciation is certainly a pretty name to say also! My guess was 'sure-ay'.

Thanks Stephen for asking :)

Aww thank you! [emoji4]
I get quite a bit of different variations, it's interesting to see what people come up with! LOL I could always tell when teachers got to my name on the attendance sheet because they would get this really confused look on their face!!!

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
BE2 (Ivory), B&G Macaw (Max), Budgie Group,
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
I've been bouncing between here and facebook for updates on the final occupancy cert... been mostly offline for day or so, so gonna ask, sorry if I missed... how did the inspection go? What is your status? All packed and ready to get it done and settle everyone into your new piece of paradise!!??

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
I've been bouncing between here and facebook for updates on the final occupancy cert... been mostly offline for day or so, so gonna ask, sorry if I missed... how did the inspection go? What is your status? All packed and ready to get it done and settle everyone into your new piece of paradise!!??

The inspections were yesterday, and we passed! So we moved our mattress over and slept in the living room last night. We've been slowly moving stuff over throughout the day and cleaning and sorting as we go.

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
yeah!!!! camping in the living room... way too much fun!!! Great memory for the first official night :)

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Yeah but waking up at 6:30 am was not fun lol now that the blinds are up in the master we moved the bed in there, so hopefully we can sleep in a bit a longer tomorrow morning lol it's definitely nice having all this extra space and cupboards! And my dishwasher is really quiet- to the point where I keep wondering if it's actually running hahaha

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
funny what things you learn to appreciate!!!!

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Well it's been a few days and things are going really well...

The budgies were unphased by the move and are completely ecstatic with their new home. They seem more cheerful and chirp throughout the day [emoji4]

Chili is skeptical of certain light fixtures on the ceiling -they look like giant eyeballs so apparently that's an issue. Other than that- she's figured out this is HER new castle lol and TONS of space to FLLLLLYYYYY!!!!!!

I've moved all the cages to the "bird room" aka my office, so I need to build her a play gym. We'll install some eye bolts into the ceiling and suspend a homemade grape-wood gym via stainless steel cables...or at least that's my idea so far lol

Preening in the morning light

Checking things out...

The green is growing on me!

Bought this to celebrate- I have no clue about wine or champagne but the pinkness looked yummy and it said "bubbly" so figured what the heck lol

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
That champagne is going to be sweet and delicious, I think...gotta love pick and it matches Chili:)
That first pic of her is breathtaking!

Most Reactions

Latest posts