Conure accidentally stepped on!!!

vanabelle97

Jul 11, 2023
San Diego
Parrots
Wembley blu ~ red pineapple gcc
Hey guys I have a green cheek conure who just turned three months yesterday and we had an accident where my mom accidentally had stepped on him while he had been trying to crawl down the couch and surprise her on her way in from putting some laundry in and she stepped on him. We took him to the vet and they said his breathing and everything seems to be okayy but I do have some concerns on excessive sneezing and the way heā€™s much more quiet and sleeping a lot more. Of course heā€™s been prescribed some medicine for his pain and it can make him more sleepy but hes normally much more lively and verbal and very hyper and we havenā€™t seen much of that since he got stepped on and I just wanted to know if anyoneā€™s experienced this before and if heā€™ll go back to his normal hyper and happy self again.

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Welcome to the forums, sorry that youā€™ve had to come here under such terrible circumstance though!

So your conure was stepped on yesterday? I think, since heā€™s not injured he may be stressed from going to the vet. What medicine did they prescribe and what did the vet say it was for exactly?

OP
V

vanabelle97

Jul 11, 2023
San Diego
Parrots
Welcome to the forums, sorry that youā€™ve had to come here under such terrible circumstance though!

So your conure was stepped on yesterday? I think, since heā€™s not injured he may be stressed from going to the vet. What medicine did they prescribe and what did the vet say it was for exactly?
They prescribed meloxicam they told me it would help with any pain he had, inflammation and abit of sedation.

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
They prescribed meloxicam they told me it would help with any pain he had, inflammation and abit of sedation.
Oh I see.

So is he eating and drinking as normal? I would think heā€™s just stressed right now.
Whatā€™s your babies name?

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
They didnā€™t X-ray him since they didnā€™t seem to find any concerning symptoms when they checked him out, also due to the greater risks that having him sedated for an X-ray could cause.
That's why I asked. If he had been sedated for an x-ray he might take a while to come out of anesthesia completely. But he wasn't. I think being stepped on and having to see a vet is enough to cause any bird to feel out of sorts for a while.

Greenhouseparrots

Nov 27, 2022
UK
Parrots
Crimson bellied conure- Tequila
Greencheek conure- Sierra
Pearled cockatiel- Malibu
Cockatiel- Volkan
Yellow budgies- Pina Colada and Houdini
Blue budgie- Lightning
White and blue budgie- Ciroc
It sounds like he's probably stressed from the whole experience, it's good that you took him to a vet straight away! Have you got any pictures of him, we'd love to see him!

OP
V

vanabelle97

Jul 11, 2023
San Diego
Parrots
It sounds like he's probably stressed from the whole experience, it's good that you took him to a vet straight away! Have you got any pictures of him, we'd love to see him!
As of today he seems to be starting to go back to his usual self which makes me feel a lot better now! Hereā€™s some photos of wembley!!

Attachments

• IMG_3425.jpeg
    IMG_3425.jpeg
    167.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_8100.jpeg
    IMG_8100.jpeg
    175.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_8108.jpeg
    IMG_8108.jpeg
    194.3 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3412.png
    IMG_3412.png
    406.5 KB · Views: 27

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
As of today he seems to be starting to go back to his usual self which makes me feel a lot better now! Hereā€™s some photos of wembley!!
Aww how wonderful!

Heā€™s so beautiful and RED!

Greenhouseparrots

Nov 27, 2022
UK
Parrots
Crimson bellied conure- Tequila
Greencheek conure- Sierra
Pearled cockatiel- Malibu
Cockatiel- Volkan
Yellow budgies- Pina Colada and Houdini
Blue budgie- Lightning
White and blue budgie- Ciroc
He is so cute! I'm glad he's starting to feel better too :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts