conure Up all night bitting cage

gareth

Dec 22, 2014
My black cap conure, is around 10 years of age now, and has just started to tap and bite his cage at night time.. He is up all hours of the night, at the bottom of his cage tapping away, but now has gone to pecking/biting/nibbling away non stop at his cage??

How do I stop this, he doesn't seem to sleep, to busy nibbling on the bottom of his cage

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
My Sun Conure does the same thing tapping at her cage whenever she sees us. Do you have the lights off at night while he sleeps???

OP
G

gareth

Dec 22, 2014
Yes, he is coved up, lights are out, Im trying to sleep , we talking like 3am
non stop tapping and biting of cage

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
I used to have some birds that does the same thing in the middle of the night. A few even sing in the middle of the night.....they're kinda crazy.....

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Hey Gareth, Welcome to the forums!

It sounds like this a new thing for your 10 year old conure? Is it possible a light or noise is bothering him? Maybe offer a safe foraging toy to distract him from his new activity after lights out. You might try covering his cage for extra privacy, if you don't already. Good luck, I hope your conure's busy night life is just temporary.

Most Reactions