Desperately Need SS Cage Recommendations

T From Texas

Feb 19, 2024
Parrots
B&G Macaw
Good morning everyone. I’m new to this forum and look forward to reading about other members’ experiences with their feather babies. My Problem - I have spent hours and hours trying to find a recent SS cage recommendation for my B&G. I am replacing his 25 year old stainless cage. It’s a flat top. 48 x 30 x 76. He loves it but it really needs to be replaced. The problem i’m having is finding a SS flat top. He loves playing up top and i’m afraid he will hate a dome top. Most cages seem to be dome top. Also most reviews i’ve found are years old. I’ve read horror stories about shipping, poor quality, bent panels and missing parts. Can anyone recommend a reputable cage manufacturer? Also, has anyone gone from a flat top to a dome top? Any problems? I’d really appreciate some help. Thanks to all.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately I only wish I had stainless cages, but I'm hoping that someone else can steer you the right way.

I have flat tops as well as dome tops, and I really like the flat tops better. When my birds are out, they only hang out on the cages with a flat top. However, some people prefer a dome top as there is more space at the top. It may come down to what you can find.

Here is a link to a search I ran in the Cages forum, I'm hoping there may be some advice in some of the threads that came up:

Stainless Steel Cages

I'm really glad you joined us!

OP
T

T From Texas

Feb 19, 2024
Parrots
B&G Macaw
Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately I only wish I had stainless cages, but I'm hoping that someone else can steer you the right way.

I have flat tops as well as dome tops, and I really like the flat tops better. When my birds are out, they only hang out on the cages with a flat top. However, some people prefer a dome top as there is more space at the top. It may come down to what you can find.

Here is a link to a search I ran in the Cages forum, I'm hoping there may be some advice in some of the threads that came up:

Stainless Steel Cages

I'm really glad you joined us!
Thanks so much for your input. Gizmo has had the same cage his entire life and he spends most of his daytime playing up top. After hearing that your birds prefer the flat top I think I’ll wait until I can find one in stainless steel. I will check out the link you sent. Thanks again, Terri.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Thanks so much for your input. Gizmo has had the same cage his entire life and he spends most of his daytime playing up top. After hearing that your birds prefer the flat top I think I’ll wait until I can find one in stainless steel. I will check out the link you sent. Thanks again, Terri.
My pleasure! I hope you can find one, it feels like they don't make as many stainless cages as they used to.

Most Reactions

Latest posts