Conure wing twitching

boba the conure

Aug 13, 2023
Parrots
green cheek conure
Hi everyone, I am new to this site. I never had any issues with my little guy. But last night I noticed he's twitching? Not sure if that is the correct term. I observed him for a little while and it looked like he. stopped so I took him to his cage for the night. This morning he seemed fine but now he's twitching again. In this video, it might look like it's related to his grooming but I very strongly doubt it. Im thinking maybe he has a new feather coming in and its causing him discomfort? Because I observed him just sit and he still would twitch every so often like that.

here is a link to a yt video I posted :

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Hi everyone, I am new to this site. I never had any issues with my little guy. But last night I noticed he's twitching? Not sure if that is the correct term. I observed him for a little while and it looked like he. stopped so I took him to his cage for the night. This morning he seemed fine but now he's twitching again. In this video, it might look like it's related to his grooming but I very strongly doubt it. Im thinking maybe he has a new feather coming in and its causing him discomfort? Because I observed him just sit and he still would twitch every so often like that.

here is a link to a yt video I posted :

He's a real cutie pie! I have no idea about the twitching but I have a female English Budgie that twitches her wings almost constantly and has done it for a long as I've had her- two years+. Vet doesn't know and she doesn't seem unhealthy.

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
He is so cute! He doesn't seem uncomfortable. Maybe he is just lightly stretching or exercising.

OP
B

boba the conure

Aug 13, 2023
Parrots
green cheek conure
Update: Thank you guys for your responses. Looks like he stopped doing it. So I am going to write it off as a nervous twitch. :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts