Couple of Questions for the experienced!!

countingtoten

Dec 15, 2013
Hi all, my Jadey is coming along nicely, has been here two weeks now and is already got me wrapped around her finger (well, wing). I am surpirised by how quickly amazons pick up sounds, she is already trying a few words out (hellohellohello, and saying step up when she wants to come out!) and can mimic the dog crying perfectly. She also loves it when my daughter sings the full version of jingle bells and goes crazy joining in (tried to video her but as soon as she sees/hears my phone she stops).

Questions i have
1. Is there any way of training her not to poop everywhere (well, my clothes mainly)

2. I am a postgrad student and will be going back to uni in 2 weeks (part time), what can i do to keep her entertained for a few hours while i am out - she doesn't seem too thrilled at my hiding food around the cage and not too bothered with her toys unlss there is someone there to show off to

3. should i leave the tv/radio on for her or will it distract her napping time?

Thanks

Freespin

Nov 28, 2013
Waikato New Zealand
Parrots
Male senegal - Stephen. Previously Barry - Male Barraband
Nelson - Male Eclectus
In regards to question 1...
I have found with my baby eckie he doesnt really want to poop on me so if i offer an alternative he will happily take it it! learn how long between pooping for her. Take her out of her cage after she has just gone and after say 25mins place her somewhere where you would like her to go (for my boys its a perch next to his cage) and leave her there keeping an eye on her until she poops. Then make a fuss and praise her and pick her up again =D
You have to be pretty consistent but my boy picked up on it very quickly. He also gets restless when he needs to go if he is on me. You can then teach them to go to their perch on command or when they need to go (i haven't got that far yet) but until then just keep taking them over regularly when you think they need to go.

Most Reactions

Latest posts