Covers..

kozykitty

Dec 29, 2015
Columbia, Maryland
Parrots
Gloria, BFA, adopted on Jan. 9, 2016 when she was 30 years old
. Her mom went to a nursing home.
Also have 2 cats (Rangerand Luna) and a 24 year old aquatic turtle, named Elvis.
I made a cover for Gloria's cage with a play top as well. I got black cotton bottomweight fabric and simply wrap a length of it around the cage, clipping it to the play top rail with metal paper clamps--1 on each side, allowing the excess fabric to just pool on the seed guard. I've always covered her as she resides in our family room where we watch tv. Every night. she goes in her cage around 9 - 9:30 and sits on her food dish waiting for her sweet potato chip. I give her a couple of minutes to enjoy her bedtime snack after which we "put her pajamas on." She settles down immediately.

ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
NL= the Netherlands, Europe
Parrots
Sunny a female B&G macaw;
Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey;
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
Hmmm, just to be nosey? What is used to make those "bottomweights"?

Just asking because a significant amount of parrots died of leadpoisening back in the days when it was the staple (in cord-form) in see-through curtains (netcurtains?) to maken them fall nice and straight.
All they needed were a few try-out-bites to get enough lead in their system to end their lives.

kozykitty

Dec 29, 2015
Columbia, Maryland
Parrots
Gloria, BFA, adopted on Jan. 9, 2016 when she was 30 years old
. Her mom went to a nursing home.
Also have 2 cats (Rangerand Luna) and a 24 year old aquatic turtle, named Elvis.
Bottomweight fabric refers to the weight of the fabric itself--it's a little heavier than broadcloth and typically made for skirts or slacks that require heavier fabric. The fabric is 100% cotton so there is no lead involved.

ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
NL= the Netherlands, Europe
Parrots
Sunny a female B&G macaw;
Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey;
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
Ah, thank you :)
Makes totall sense.
I learn something new here everyday! :)

Most Reactions