Cranky, CRANKY Bird!

Molcan2

Jul 19, 2011
Lake Co., Florida
Parrots
Princess Rome- Moluccan Cockatoo (18yrs old), Rosie - Galah/Rose Breasted Cockatoo (2yr old)
Romeo Princess is driving me absolutely crazy the past few days! NOTHING is making her happy. Her old owners came to visit on Friday. Now I'm thinking that may have been a mistake. I really want as open communication as possible with them but I think its going to be a while before they can visit again (like a year). Before this, Princess was just a Princess, now she is an impossible to please Princess. She isn't content anywhere. Screams outside, screams inside, wants on my arm and when gets there wants on cage, once on cage screams then wants on arm then wants back on cage but isn't happy on cage either :11:. I feel like screaming back 'what do you want from me'. Actually she would probably like it too much if I caved and played to screaming game :31:. Definitely don't want to encourage that. Shes in time out right now, outside. My poor neighbors are going to kill me. Shes driving me nuts. Shes been perfect until now. Shes either hormonal (it looks like shes molting too) or the visit from her former owners (who had her for 14 years) has upset her. I think it was the visit, I could tell she didn't want them to leave and wanted to go with them. Shes mine until the day she dies, so hopefully over the next 60 or so years she will get over herself. Who laughs last now Princess :20:. Ahhhh....life with Cockatoos, still love it - true mark of craziness.

merlinsmom13

Jul 27, 2010
Beckley, WV
Parrots
Merlin a Red Crowned Amazon
Can you find something fun to do w/her. She is probably angry that her last parronts aren't there, but you can show her that you are fun too. It also could be that the honeymoon is over. :(

OP
Molcan2

Molcan2

Jul 19, 2011
Lake Co., Florida
Parrots
Princess Rome- Moluccan Cockatoo (18yrs old), Rosie - Galah/Rose Breasted Cockatoo (2yr old)
Yeah I've tried. I just needed a place to vent, what better than here.;)

HRH Di

Jan 9, 2010
Media
McKinney, TX
Parrots
Max - Alexandrine, Jade - Red-Front Macaw, Ruby - CAG
They definitely have days/weeks/etc. that they're in baaaaaad moods. I know when I haven't spent enough time with Ruby, she lets me know. And when she finally does get my attention, she's not sharing! With anyone...avian, biped or quadraped, especially not the quadrapeds. She still doesn't understand why we think we need those in the house.

All 3 birdies sometimes wake up on the wrong side of the perch and just plain difficult some times.

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
Is she getting enough quality sleep?? Should be about 12 hrs. with no noise, music, TV or human conversations.

OP
Molcan2

Molcan2

Jul 19, 2011
Lake Co., Florida
Parrots
Princess most definitely gets her sleep. She has, as all princesses do, a separate cage just for sleeping in. This cage happens to be in her own room as well (kind of - its actually the office room, but once she's in her cage for the night we don't go in there until morning). She usually gets at least 12hrs of sleep at night, sometimes more depending on when she feels like coming out.

I have to say though, yesterday and this morning shes acting like normal. Sooooo, soooo, nice! The constant screaming was driving me nuts! I talked to her former owners and they feel it was the visit as well that sparked this Satan like behavior. They suggested not coming to actually see her for at least a year, to which I happily agreed! I'm very happy to have my normal Romeo back :D.

Most Reactions

Latest posts