Crazy Conure

T00tsyd

May 8, 2017
UK
Parrots
Green cheek conure - Sydney (Syd) Hatched 2/2017
I thought it would be a good plan to introduce Syd to towels just in case there was suddenly a need.
I have tried all sorts. Small medium large, but all were white. I didn't even contemplate the black ones! He was having none of it. One look and he was gone!

One of the exceptions in my largely monochrome house (apart from his cages and play areas) are my tea-towels. They are a bright red and white. Today I just put one casually down on the counter while drying a few dishes and lo and behold he was there straight away. Investigating, chewing, turning it over with a practised beak, looking for all the world as if he was checking the fabric out for a new suit!
I slung it over my shoulder and he has plonked himself down and has spent the last 20 minutes preening etc snuggled up against said red and white tea-towel. Now why didn't he tell me weeks ago that this was the answer? All we have to do now is persuade him just how lovely it will feel to be wrapped up in it!
He is now chuntering very contentedly in my ear while cuddling the cloth. I don't believe it!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
Sydney, you little character!
I dunno, some parrots seem to love colors, so maybe that's the attraction.
Hey... whatever works, right? Hopefully he'll be more receptive to having the towel used on him.
Gee, we'd love of a picture of Syd and his new "friend"...

OP
T00tsyd

T00tsyd

May 8, 2017
UK
Parrots
Green cheek conure - Sydney (Syd) Hatched 2/2017
Sydney, you little character!
I dunno, some parrots seem to love colors, so maybe that's the attraction.
Hey... whatever works, right? Hopefully he'll be more receptive to having the towel used on him.
Gee, we'd love of a picture of Syd and his new "friend"...

I would if I could work out how to post photos on here! Duh!

Most Reactions