Cuteness :)

Helitorian

Dec 15, 2011
Nebraska
Parrots
RIP Constantine: Jenday Conure
Just realized I can take pictures with my laptop so I took a few of Con being a cutie as usual :) She's isn't as stunning as Alex and Guido but I think she's beautiful with her scruffy feathers :p

Last edited:
OP
Helitorian

Helitorian

Dec 15, 2011
Nebraska
Parrots
She turned 8 months old on the 9th so she's still pretty young. She's supposed to be molting but I haven't seen any feathers in the bottom of her cage.

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Sometimes they stop for awhile and then start again. Today is the first day with Pete that I've found any big feathers. So far it's been downy feathers for weeks now. And I thought Rowdy was done and then found new pin feathers a few days ago.

She looks like she hasn't reached her adult coloring yet is why I asked. Probably after this molt you will see a change in her.

OP
Helitorian

Helitorian

Dec 15, 2011
Nebraska
Parrots
Personally, I wouldn't care if she was brown as mud; I think she's beautiful. I know once she has her adult plumage, other people will like her. I've only seen one other Jenday before and it had its adult colors. It was a sharp looking bird but didn't have the cute little mask that Con does. I hope it stays after her molt. Her nickname might be SuperBird or something lol

Mamanda

Oct 17, 2011
Media
Central Oregon (Paradise!)
Parrots
Keen: female, YSGCC & Opi: male, Pied Cockatiel & Milo: male, Timneh African Grey
I love your signature line. I've said that many times!

I thought when I got my cockatiel a few months ago I'd never even think to own another bird. Then came along Keen ... and now I'm eyeing an AG. I whole-heartedly agree with it!

OP
Helitorian

Helitorian

Dec 15, 2011
Nebraska
Parrots
I came up with it when talking to a customer that has a Goffin and an Amazon. Course I feel funny having it as my Sig when I only have one parrot. That will be changing in a few months when I add a (possible) Linnie and a normal GCC. I might even end up with a mini macaw! The bird bug bit me bad. So bad I'm thinking of driving an hour away just to help out at a bird sanctuary I discovered today thanks to my breeder friend. I'm gonna be the crazy bird lady and I'm proud of it!

kc_y0

Nov 17, 2011
Media
Sydney
Parrots
Eclectus Female - Audrey.
Art - Budgie.
Astro - Budgie.
Mini - Budgie, RIP gorgeous girl.
Very cute indeed!!!

Mitchell

Jan 11, 2012
Houston Texas
Parrots
Baby Vosmaeri Eclectus (hatched 9-11-11)
Yeah, that little mask is cute for sure! Great lookin Jen. She'll really be amazing when that next molt hits, some of the best colors found on a bird bar none!

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
I hope I didn't offend you when I said she would get even prettier. But, you will see the adult feathers are just glimmery or something. You see the light play on them and all these other colors stand out like what you see when oil is in a puddle. It's like each feather has 10 colors each, various shades of what initially looked like the same color.

Keinanna

Jan 9, 2012
Parrots
Chewy ~ 3 year old green cheek conure

Toki ~ 2 year old Budgie
she is beautiful

OP
Helitorian

Helitorian

Dec 15, 2011
Nebraska
Parrots
I hope I didn't offend you when I said she would get even prettier. But, you will see the adult feathers are just glimmery or something. You see the light play on them and all these other colors stand out like what you see when oil is in a puddle. It's like each feather has 10 colors each, various shades of what initially looked like the same color.

No I wasn't offended lol I'm just crazy about her now and don't know how she could possibly get any prettier. Guess I'm just looking at her through the eyes of a parent thought. I'm looking forward to her adult plumage now, Roxy :)

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
No, I loved mine as babies, too. What birdy parent wouldn't? But, they go from cute to pretty. I know Suns and Jendays do change more than some conures. I hope she keeps her mask for you! What I saw with my 2 though was that glimmery sheen that showed all these colors in each individual feather. I thought they were perfectly wonderful though as babies, too. Their eye rings got a bit more prominent as they aged as well. Rowdy's is bigger now than when she was younger. She also got this maroon colored line where the black feathers came into the green on her head. She didn't have that as a baby.

But, all birds are beautiful at all times of their life. And like all parents we are thrilled with them.

OP
Helitorian

Helitorian

Dec 15, 2011
Nebraska
Parrots
I'm hoping her feathers get that sheen you're talking about, Roxy. Right now, I just really want her molting to get going. I hate seeing the butcher job the vet did on her wings whenever she stretches or preens. It makes me so mad >.<

Most Reactions