Damn her!!!

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
:mad::mad::mad:...Eight times..yes,count them! EIGHT TIMES!! in LESS than five minutes, that Big Green Monster was making her way to his house! I couldn't even make it to the kitchen for a cup of coffee! Half way there,I'd turn around and head back to the living room,and she'd already be on the floor making her way to his abode!
What the heck is going on with her?? She has NEVER been so determined to get somewhere as she does to his digs!!!

I think today I will change locations of their houses..but now I don't know how BB will take it..this is truly getting out of hand!

Jim

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
I think I'm confused....a rabid amazon is invading your house or ...wait the female is going to males cage? is that what you are saying?

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
I think I'm confused....a rabid amazon is invading your house or ...wait the female is going to males cage? is that what you are saying?

:D Amy was recently DNA'ed as a Guy! So, that is not the driving force here! No way for you to know unless you have been following very closely over the last nine months, or so.

As said a bunch of times, Amy hasn't shown any signs of aggression toward the BB's. Things could be far worst, far worst by friend!

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
This sounds like the best soap opera ever!!!!!! I'm going to have to look back at the other posts!!!!! :D

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
I'm telling you, Amy wants her own cozy space. Make her an Amy sized version of one of these to play in, add treats and toys and I bet BBs cage will be less interesting!

Cardboard-Box-Playhouse-375x375.jpg

OP
AmyMyBlueFront

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

LOL...sorry I was just kind of PO :rolleyes: Let me explain...Amy ( the big green monster) has a "thing" with ;ittle BB's house (cage) sorry I know i'm a little weird with the way I type about this stuff...i.e. "long sleeves on their arms" means full set of feathers on the wings"

Anyway...for some strange reason, Amy has this THING about BB's cage..she HAS to be on his roof top..err I mean the top of his house...errr CAGE! lol sorry.. sighhhhh:rolleyes: and I cant get her to stop it!

Jim

OP
AmyMyBlueFront

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

:D Amy was recently DNA'ed as a Guy! So, that is not the driving force here! No way for you to know unless you have been following very closely over the last nine months, or so.

As said a bunch of times, Amy hasn't shown any signs of aggression toward the BB's. Things could be far worst, far worst by friend!

LMAO....thanks 'boats :) at least you get my drift! the never ending saga of Amy the BFA and little BB..the normal grey 'teil ;)

Jim

OP
AmyMyBlueFront

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

I'm telling you, Amy wants her own cozy space. Make her an Amy sized version of one of these to play in, add treats and toys and I bet BBs cage will be less interesting!

Cardboard-Box-Playhouse-375x375.jpg

OMG April! lol...that's an idea lol thanks!

Jim

OP
AmyMyBlueFront

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

Maybe if you constantly put Amy up there, she will think you like her being there and stop doing it! :)

No....she will say "It's about TIME you let me have my way!!" :eek: :mad:

Jim

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Reverse Psycology? On a parrot? On Amy??? More likely is Amy to use it on JIM!

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Rio (Yellow sided conure) sadly no longer with us
for bird there is no reverse psychology! there is only one psychology and that boils down to "I want"

And Amy seems to want to win this battle above all else!

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
Amazon+(3(age)+male)=chaos

What does an average 3 year old human male do when having fun? He bites you! Or, runs around the room, waving his underwear over his head!

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Rio (Yellow sided conure) sadly no longer with us
Amazon+(3(age)+male)=chaos

What does an average 3 year old human male do when having fun? He bites you! Or, runs around the room, waving his underwear over his head!

now we patiently wait to see what Amy classifies as his underpants

Tsali

Jul 22, 2016
Parrots
Tsali - African Grey- I am a one parrot parent. It's a full time job keeping Tsali healthy and happy.
Could it be an attention getting behavior? What do you do when Amy climbs onto BB's roof? Maybe it is all a fun game that is made even better when you participate.

For Tsali, here are certain "forbidden" activities in our home. Most of them are safety measures. The others are to safeguard property. Tsali knows and understands "NO TSALI", but being a parrot, he doesn't like being told NO. So it goes one of three ways:

1) Tsali is just testing the waters to see if I am paying attention and complies when I tell him no

2) Tsali keeps doing what he is doing until I move him to a different location - generally he flies back to forbidden territor. Three strikes and it's back to his cage, because I don't want to reinforce his game.

3) I tell Tsali NO, he gets angry, quits doing what he is doing to do a fly-by and boing me on the head. Then goes back to doing the NO-NO activity.

Last edited:

Billdore

Nov 12, 2016
Vermont
Parrots
African Grey Timneh
Timneh will say to me what i was going to say. " Hey, hey, no, stop doing that". I love when she does my voice so funny. Hope you figure it out before you loose your wits.

Most Reactions