Darn I have a job

merlinsmom13

Jul 27, 2010
Beckley, WV
Parrots
Merlin a Red Crowned Amazon
:( Not really, I guess I'm happy about it. I haven't worked since October, & our ends just aren't meeting.

I will be working from home, YEA. But I have to do training next week 8-5 Mon-Thur. Here's the bad part, its telemarketing. So everyone needs to list their phone #'s so I can give you a call the next time you sit down to dinner or take a nap.
rofl.gif

I hope I like it, its only 5 hrs a day, after I complete the training (it goes for 4 weeks). So I'll still have plenty of time w/Merlin. No gas to drive to work, no navigating snowy mountains & no wardrobe to maintain.

Now if Merlin will behave, screaming parrots are frowned upon. :D

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
Teach Merlin to help you greet people on the phone!

PrettyInInk87

Jul 6, 2011
San Diego
Parrots
"Apple" Yellow-sided Green Cheeck Conure
Ahahah! I can just imagine him greeting people over the phone...

I actually just got a part time job at Hot Topic and I really like it but when i'm gone, I miss my kids while i'm gone and by kids I mean my son and his brother Apple, lol! So far i've only been working 4 hours a week but because that is what my schedule allows (my bf works and goes to school, I don't trust anyone with my son.). Once my bf graduates my schedule will open up, good thing is that it will only be weekends that I will be needed. :) Still TONS of time for my kiddos.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
I like the idea that was brought up. Teach merlin to answer and greet! Have you seen the Geico commercial with the piano playing dog and the singing Cockatoo. I about fell over when I saw that commercial. I couldn't stop laughing....lol

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq6CErN7smY&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Animals Sing "Take on Me" - Easier Way to Save - GEICO commercial - YouTube[/ame]

OP
merlinsmom13

merlinsmom13

Jul 27, 2010
Beckley, WV
Parrots
Mr Butters is a better guy than Merlin. He knows some really bad words from his unfortunate incarceration at the pet shop. :D Really cute idea.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
Willie picked up a few from me....lol....when I used to have saltwater reef tanks I work on the tank for hours all the time so I lose my temper when the lid would drop on my head or when I get stung by fire worms, etc. I sold all my saltwater so I can devote more time to my birds. :)

OP
merlinsmom13

merlinsmom13

Jul 27, 2010
Beckley, WV
Parrots
I'm very sad today :( My last free day w/o hubby or work. I've reinvented myself several times over the years, & even though I might like the new "me", I'll really miss the old me.

I might as well work, Toms taking the pool down this week & all of my flowers have bloomed. Doesn't fall make everyone a little sad? I love summer its never long enough. Keeping busy will help w/the 'fall blues'. :)

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
I couldn't wait til Fall...I'm getting tired of cutting grass and doing yard work...Cause that's all I do on my days off....I'm a bit more free during winter time! :)

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
lol all an congrats merlinmom lol
wonder if merlin will pick up a new sentence???

MominNC

Sep 2, 2011
North Carolina
Parrots
Alexandrine parakeet (parrot)
"Hello, this is Merlin speaking, if you would like to speak to my pet human please press 1 now." :p

Congrats on scoring the job! Just think more apples for Merlin even if he's ungrateful with his bad words.

Fall season I am ready for. Though have been busy getting my fall garden planted. Carrots, garlic, sugar snap peas, purple hull peas, cilantro. I was planning garden before I got Holly starting fall and replant come spring now the garden will have another purpose in keeping Holly in vegetables. Less trips to the grocery store is a win! :cool:

OP
merlinsmom13

merlinsmom13

Jul 27, 2010
Beckley, WV
Parrots
LOL, Its really not a great job, but has perks meaning I don't have to get out & about on the winter roads. We had over 18' of snow here last winter & more than that the year before. My husband is retiring in less than 2 years, so its all good.

I haven't planted veggies for years, I still have my herb garden. We had to decide whether to have rec time or garden time, so the rec time won. We found that we were living to work, so we closed our restaurant & took a few months off. My time off was almost a year, so lucky me. Maybe I'll start my veggie garden again next year, I do miss fresh veggies. yum yum

Most Reactions

Latest posts