Demons first trip/ loving new harness!

ShellyBorg

Apr 8, 2013
Redding, CA
Parrots
TAG Spirit,RLA Danny,Senegal Damon, Parrotlet Opal, B&G Paris
I bought a new harness a month or so ago from leathers4feathers.com . It is the large conure sized and at 10g for the harness and 5g for the leash it is a great weight for my senegal. I have been working with hair ties , putting them around his neck and really working on letting me move around wings. Today I took a deep breath and went for it. I put the harness on as smooth as I could and put him in the travel cage. We took the short trip into town and stopped first at the auto parts shop. I put the lead on while still in the cage then took him in. He did great, we went to In&Out next for some fries. people went nuts over him! Next was Michael's for some craft supplies, then off to Pet Smart. He did great and loved it! After he found out we where moving around and going places he was almost helping me attach the lead! LOL When we got home he did not fight and was a great guy when I took it off. He did grab a sip of water and went right to sleep!

Attachments

• demon and fries.jpg
    demon and fries.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 200

JadeC

Apr 27, 2013
Seattle, WA
Parrots
White bellied caique
Awww!! Very good!! I bought a harness for Meiko and I need to start working on the hair tie thing with him.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
What an awesome success story, Shelly!!! :)

Are you happy with the harness? Is it fairly easy to go on and off? I'm only asking because I want to give it another shot with Niko (AND Ripley), but I chucked the harness I had a few years ago, as I was making absolutely NO progress with Niko, and ended up getting a pretty good bite when I had to take it off. :(

OP
ShellyBorg

ShellyBorg

Apr 8, 2013
Redding, CA
Parrots
Very easy on and off. I am very happy with it. I was worried about the leather because Demon has a razor sharp beak but he was unable to chew it up.She custom makes them to your breed and if they do not fit she makes it good vary fast! This mean no playing with buckles while being bit! The leash comes off so in and out of travel cage is very easy. I am ordering one for each of my birds. I will be ordering the wrist part next time but you only need one as you attach your leash to it.

OP
ShellyBorg

ShellyBorg

Apr 8, 2013
Redding, CA
Parrots
I am putting a order in today for Danny's also. Can't wait to get it!

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Way to go Shelly !!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts