Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Maybe just "Maj. Mitchell's", or "Mitchell's" for the limited space, and assume that people looking at the cards would understand it's a type of cockatoo?

I don't think people would think of that as a type of cockatoo-- people barely know cockatoos are parrots lol. They would probably think of Madge or Maggie if you put Mag on there, and then a man named Mitchell who owns a bird lol
Possibly so, and that was my first thought as well, but was just going with April's idea that people interested in bird cards might have some basic idea of types of birds. Just my two cents. Leave it to the cockatoos to be the source of problems. Lol! :)

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
Maybe just "Maj. Mitchell's", or "Mitchell's" for the limited space, and assume that people looking at the cards would understand it's a type of cockatoo?

I don't think people would think of that as a type of cockatoo-- people barely know cockatoos are parrots lol. They would probably think of Madge or Maggie if you put Mag on there, and then a man named Mitchell who owns a bird lol
Possibly so, and that was my first thought as well, but was just going with April's idea that people interested in bird cards might have some basic idea of types of birds. Just my two cents. Leave it to the cockatoos to be the source of problems. Lol! :)

LOL! Typical...problem children...out of 50, they raise the issue haha!

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
I’m still so torn. As a parrot lover/fan, I actually prefer the M.M. option as I know immediately what it is, but I think for those who like birds in general but aren’t as species specific knowledgeable in parrots, pink cockatoo is probably best. I still have 30 more cards to finish the lettering on, so I have time before these go to the printer for proofing.

Most Reactions

Latest posts