Hello everyone,i recently aquired a 15 yr old BFA Female any advice would be great,ive had her about 2 months

Johnt70

Feb 21, 2024
Parrots
Blue fronted amazon female
1000003841.jpg

Claires

Dec 23, 2023
Parrots
Blue Fronted Amazon
Does she bite you? My advice would be very general and probably you’ve heard before but this is what I do.

1. If she’s being friendly with you already and comfortable being on your shoulders, take her around the house whilst you’re doing your chores, watching tv, eat, etc., so she would be familiar with your daily routines and it makes her feels belong to the new environment. And definitely, bonding time!

2. Create a sleep routine for her, like 8pm; put her in cage, cover the cage and leave the cage in quiet place. My birds get cranky when they don’t get enough sleep time🤷🏻‍♀️

3. I’ve noticed that amazons can get bored with the same scenery so, have a cage/perch close to the windows where she can see what’s outside and be part of neighbourhood watch🤣. Definitely, get leash and take her outside so she can see different things, my BFAs loves to watch wild cockatoos.

I might be wrong but I do this to all of my birds and still doing it and they seem to enjoy it as well, but make sure to get yourself familiarise and comfortable with her and vice versa. This is suggestions based on my own experience but maybe it can help you in some way:)

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
Be sure to read the sticky threads in the top of the Amazon thread.
very important to learn your birds body language

Most Reactions