Did I make a mistake ?

brighteyes

Aug 24, 2011
Media
on a farm in south vic Austrailia...
Parrots
The very proud owner of a new baby sun conour !
Please advise !
Reading one of the post it seem,s l may have bought the wrong type of cage for my new conure . I picked up a T stand hoping to train it to spend most of the day out of it,s cage . The cage l purched for it to sleep in at night is round . Should I exchange the cage for something differant ? It is a fair size , ( Only too sleep in at night ! ):orange:
Also can u explain Y a round cage is not as good or is it not as safe ?
Thank,s heapes ...:yellow1:

Printer bird

Jan 4, 2011
Calgary, AB
Parrots
Dipper, 8 year old WC Pionus
RIP Charlie, Green Cheek Conure,
Lelu, parrotlet and
Poe the budgie.
Possibly. They feel safer in a cage with corners because it gives them the feeling that they have somewhere to hide. In a round cage, there's nowhere to hide as all the sides are the same. I'm not sure if this is truly important in a sleep cage or not, you would definitely want to ensure that the cage is covered so they feel safer. Perhaps someone else has something to add or experience with a round sleep cage being OK or perhaps causing anxiety.

Bright Star

May 28, 2011
Colorado
Parrots
Keats (budgie) born Feb. 18, 2011, and Raphael (budgie) adopted July 3, 2011. Finn, a Brown-Head Poicephalus, born January 4, 2010, has also joined the family!
Hmmmm...personally, I'd stay away from a round cage altogether. Even if your bird is only in it for a short time each day, he/she needs to feel safe. Otherwise, you may have other issues. I think feeling safe and secure is the very first need all birds have. If they don't have that, you'll have problems... just my 2 cents worth though :)

OP
brighteyes

brighteyes

Aug 24, 2011
Media
on a farm in south vic Austrailia...
Parrots
The very proud owner of a new baby sun conour !
So very greatful To both of you .
I am able to take bird cage back to pet shop as people know it has not been used .
So l am about to post my next Q. Please check it out as your answer will help me heaps ! :D
Thanks again !

Most Reactions