dna says "she" is a HE!

Riio

Apr 19, 2011
San Diego California
Parrots
'Rio'~RIP baby girl 'Sunshine'~Yellow Side Green Cheek Conure
So I decided to do a dna test on sunshine who was supposed to be a girl, and she is a he! Poor lil fella, Ive been telling him "good girl" since he came to live with us a month ago! And what a girly name...sunshine...lol :p we may have to change it for him, dont want him getting a complex! :31:

DebsFlock

Banned
Banned
Jul 19, 2012
Los Angeles County, near Palmdale
Parrots
Scooter -- male Green Cheek Conure "Normal" but that's a matter of opinion! Hatched in March 2010

Scotty -- Male Cape Parrot hatched somewhere between 2007-2009 we think

Caballo Blanco -- male C
Or Sonny, if you like!

MollyGreenCheeks

Jan 16, 2012
Media
Albums
Arizona, USA
Parrots
Molly - GCC, Cody - GCC, Gracie - Congo African Grey
He has no clue so why change it? Instead of saying good girl/boy say good birdie. My Molly is a boy. I named "her" Molly and then got the DNA about three weeks later. No big deal!

OP
Riio

Riio

Apr 19, 2011
San Diego California
Parrots
He has no clue so why change it? Instead of saying good girl/boy say good birdie. My Molly is a boy. I named "her" Molly and then got the DNA about three weeks later. No big deal!

I know, I was just being 'funny' I wouldnt change it on him plus it would probably cause mass confusion in my house if I did! Haha :eek:

OP
Riio

Riio

Apr 19, 2011
San Diego California
Parrots
I held off on a name till I got the DNA results, and by the time it came in he was already Birdy-Bird haha :D

Awww birdy-bird, cute! Think he knows hes a bird? :D
(sunshine came pre-named)

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Congrats you have a son
000203FC.gif

I know the feeling, we had Mishka dna'd after 3 years, thinking she was a female
And guess what she was a he LoL

Kept the name, goes for both sexes

Kantia

Aug 18, 2012
UK, Leicester.
Parrots
Tich. A Green-Cheeked Blue Conure. Hatched 6th May 2012 <3
Awwww bless 'him'! I'm sure he won't mind a girly name if you decide to keep it. :]

Eloy

Sep 4, 2012
So I decided to do a dna test on sunshine who was supposed to be a girl, and she is a he! Poor lil fella, Ive been telling him "good girl" since he came to live with us a month ago! And what a girly name...sunshine...lol :p we may have to change it for him, dont want him getting a complex! :31:
Lol!
I agree, don't change it. :)
He IS Sunshine!
I made a website for Eloy in purple/pink just because I don't want him so masculine. :p

DanNic

Sep 27, 2012
Kent
Parrots
Indian Ringneck
I'm waiting for ollie's DNA results.

It's on the same level as an ultrasound scan for a baby...

I've been told he's a HE but have that niggling doubt. Hence the test...

horsesculpter

Jun 21, 2012
Texas
Parrots
Catalina Macaw, Sunny
Sunny was a boy for the first two and a half years of her life but we DNA'd her when we got her. Luckily Sunny is a unisex name as she wasn't interested in having it changed. She will still turn her back on us when she gets in trouble and console herself, saying Sunny is a good boy.

OP
Riio

Riio

Apr 19, 2011
San Diego California
Parrots
I'm waiting for ollie's DNA results.

It's on the same level as an ultrasound scan for a baby...

I've been told he's a HE but have that niggling doubt. Hence the test...

Oooohhh cant wait to hear the results!

OP
Riio

Riio

Apr 19, 2011
San Diego California
Parrots
Sunny was a boy for the first two and a half years of her life but we DNA'd her when we got her. Luckily Sunny is a unisex name as she wasn't interested in having it changed. She will still turn her back on us when she gets in trouble and console herself, saying Sunny is a good boy.

Hahahaha that is funny! They have such great personalities!

WannaBeAParrot

Jul 5, 2012
Media
SE Florida and Sullivan County, NY
Parrots
Cody-Blu, female Blue-Crowned Conure, Hatched - (approx) June 1, 2014, in a South Florida tree.

Pritti (Cherry-Head Conure) -- Fly in Peace my beautiful boy. Forever I'll love you.
Sunshine is a beautiful name for girl or boy. Congratulations on your boy. However, I would recommend exchanging all the pink toys for blue toys :)

shotz71

May 31, 2012
New York
Parrots
Sunny - Green Cheeked Conure (Our little boy was DNA tested a little girl, so Sonny is now Sunny)
We had the reverse happen...we got our GCC and was told "he" was a boy...named 'him" Sonny...DNA came back...Sonny became Sunny, short for Sunshine :)

It took a while to stop saying "good boy" :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts