DNA waiting

Labbie

Jan 23, 2013
Dunedin New Zealand
Parrots
Rainbow lorikeets Rosie and Mollie. Peach faced lovebirds Pixie and Missy. Peach faced lovebirds Storm and Blossom. Blue masked lovebirds Alfie and Millie.
Just got my vet to send away a few of my new lovebirds feathers for DNA test I am so hopping she is a she. I have been introducing her to my young male Pixie over the last few days. They had a few squabbles the first day but all seems fine now.

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Clearwater Florida but grew up in Wisconsin
Parrots
Doolie,Yellow nape amazon(r.i.p.03/10/15)
Sissy,severe macaw(rescued on 03-16-15) chirpy,sparrow(beak less) jack,Jill,chase,fiona,finch, and tiger,sulfer crested(rescued 04/15/20
Exciting isn't it? I did the blood sample for sissy and was so happy when the results were a girl,don't know why just was.

OP
L

Labbie

Jan 23, 2013
Dunedin New Zealand
Parrots
Rainbow lorikeets Rosie and Mollie. Peach faced lovebirds Pixie and Missy. Peach faced lovebirds Storm and Blossom. Blue masked lovebirds Alfie and Millie.
I'm so happy
I've just got DNA result for Ruby and yes she's a girl.
Ruby and Pixie seem to be getting on great too.😄

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
That's great :) I keep putting off sending in the sample for Titan, my gcc. I'm just not sure how I will react if he is a she, though I am starting to suspect that he is!

OP
L

Labbie

Jan 23, 2013
Dunedin New Zealand
Parrots
Yea, I understand it's a hard wait. I was lucky, I got the results I wanted. The results also came back very quickly. I am unsure what I would have done if she'd been a boy.
Good luck if and when you do decide to test.

Most Reactions