OP
tlfisher

tlfisher

Apr 28, 2013
Iowa
Parrots
Cockatiel (daughter's bird)
Rare Parakeet(daughter's bird)
Oh my. I cant run this keyboard. She is eating the treats I gave her.

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
You want to make the towel experience a fun one! Lay the towel down and have her stand on it. Maybe put some treats and food on the towel. Then try lifting the sides of the towel but not covering her. Reward. Cover her partial and remove. Reward.

Barbara Heidenreich has some good tips!

Barbara Heidenreich - YouTube

Glad the bath helped! Even if she didn't like it!

OP
tlfisher

tlfisher

Apr 28, 2013
Iowa
Parrots
I found out she loves peek a boo! That helped. I am going to keep using a towel for a toy. That way hopefully she wont bite me if I have to use one to catch her. I have ALOT of respect for her beak. I almost lost the end of a finger when she first moved in.
Thanks everyone! She looks so much better! She even is playing with me already.:D:D:D
I'm going to get a second shower curtain rod and hopefully I won't flood the bathroom next time:) :eek:

OP
tlfisher

tlfisher

Apr 28, 2013
Iowa
Parrots
I forgot to mention... I gave her a boiled egg... one of her favorite treats... she threw it and hit me right in the face. Then she laughed. She got confused when i laughed while walking away. I don't give her attention for bad behaviors. I think she was neglected because she learns quick.

Thanks Everyone fir your help. I am learning because of such a wonderful group of people. THANKS. :D

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
I forgot to mention... I gave her a boiled egg... one of her favorite treats... she threw it and hit me right in the face. Then she laughed. She got confused when i laughed while walking away. I don't give her attention for bad behaviors. I think she was neglected because she learns quick.

Thanks Everyone fir your help. I am learning because of such a wonderful group of people. THANKS. :D

They're like little kids that never grows up. They may throw stuffs at you but doesn't mean they're neglected. Willie likes to shut the doors on my head and laughs. He would throw his food too but he's never neglected.

They LOVE peek a boo games!!!! I do it to mine all the time for years now.

OP
tlfisher

tlfisher

Apr 28, 2013
Iowa
Parrots
When we got her she was flinching if people come near. She responds only to my attention... treats and toys... eh she does not find them attractive enough i guess. She loves to talk, my hubby said she was quiet til i started to click train.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
If my partner goes towards Willie's cage he starts to threaten to attack. And my partner have been caring for Willie for 10 years. That's how they are like.

OP
tlfisher

tlfisher

Apr 28, 2013
Iowa
Parrots
Well I'm learning is never the same thing everyday. Have to keep on my toes or she'll bite mine.

I love anyway. She was angry this afternoon too. I'm hoping she's in a better mood tomorrow.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back