Parrots
Bella (B&G Macaw)
2 Yellow Naped Amazons,
8 Lovebirds,
2 Green Cheeks,
2 Sun Conures,
2 Indian Ringnecks,
2 Quakers
Wendy, Wendy Wendy......... You're garden is SO stunning! The other day I was able to plant some seeds outside and yesterday I was preparing a garden bed in front of our picket fence. Your pics are amazing and GREAT motivation!

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Absolutely beautiful, Wendy daaaaaaaaahling! You remember I live a few short counties away, right? My yard will be a challenge more worthy of your talents! Hahaha!

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Umm wennnnnndy!!!! Please come visit me and make my yard beautiful! Lol right now I'm an expert dandelion grower and that's about it [emoji41]

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Laura, this one?

Garden%202015%20set%202%20014.jpg

That's a 'Pentas lanceolata'. They come in different colors. :) And they attract butterflies, too.

I went just a tad bit crazy (again). :54: This is what I came home with:

The Mullen all the way on the right, followed by 4 Delphiniums, and Yarrow on the left.

Closeup of the Mullen

Several Columbines

And another Clematis is putting on her show now

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
So pretty!!! I may have to get some of those I love anything that attracts the butterflies!:D

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Wendy, how are the seedlings coming along?

Thank you so much for asking!! :D My Delphiniums have germinated, too. WOO-HOOOO!!!

Some of the Lupines are beginning to develop their second leaves. :D I have NO idea on how to thin them out as I've read they don't like being moved/transplanted. I know it's too soon to put them in the ground, but so far so good. To tell you the truth, I didn't expect to be planting 50+ perennials (Delphs, Lupines, Foxgloves), and that's with me only leaving 1 plant per cell/peat pot. Perhaps I'll just cut the weak ones with scissors, as to not to disturb the root systems?

Oh, and the Foxgloves - holy smokes! Since their seeds were like dust, I have seedlings growing on top of seedlings, so I'll definitely need to 'weed' through those.

Just got back from Lowe's and picked up some more slug bait, as I'm sure the slugs would have a Fiesta once they do go in the ground. I also picked up more composted manure, which I'm planning on working into the soil where these 'babies' will be planted. :)

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
glad to hear it! Thinning them out means culling out the smaller, weaker plants and leaving only the biggest, strongest plants. No transplanting yet :). So you're already planning on thinning without even realizing it!

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Things are looking up in my neck of the woods at the moment.

Here are some photos I just took.

Lupines (thinned out, and almost ready to go in the ground)

Delphiniums (they have a LOOONG way to go)

Lantana

David Austin 'Darcey Bussell'

Betty Boop

Livin' Easy

'Lovestruck'

David Austin 'William Shakespeare 2000'

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
David Austin 'Pat Austin'

David Austin 'Portmeirion'

David Austin 'The Dark Lady'

David Austin 'Abraham Darby'

David Austin 'Teasing Georgia'

David Austin 'Princess Alexandra of Kent'

Herbaceous Peony

Dec 14, 2014
Parrots
R.I.P Kiwiberry, GCC.
Wow!! Beautiful pics Wendy!
Can't you take some pictures of the entire garden so we can get a bunch of them in the same picture?

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Wow!! Beautiful pics Wendy!
Can't you take some pictures of the entire garden so we can get a bunch of them in the same picture?

Thanks so much, Sebastian!!

Yup, I sure can. Next time I do a photo shoot, I'll try that. :)

Dec 14, 2014
Parrots
R.I.P Kiwiberry, GCC.
Looking forward already!
Those flowers are stunning! The peony at the end too, Betty boop and livin' easy. I like all of them!

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Wendy, those flowers are beautiful! And you're so knowledgeable of all the different types. I'd be like, "and then there's the pink one, and the red one, and the one with red AND pink, and the blue one, and the...

I am very much enjoying this thread and seeing the obvious passion that you have for your garden. Please keep those pics coming!

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Thanks so much, Stephen. :D Can you tell I'm 'slightly' obsessed with David Austin roses? :54: LOL. I just absolutely LOVE their old world charm and their fragrances, if only they'd last longer. Most make lousy cut roses, but boy, when the bushes are in full bloom, it always knocks my socks off - each and every time.

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
WOW! Thank you so much for the lovely walk through your amazing garden! Absolutely beautiful, Wendy!

Most Reactions

Latest posts