Do you know why...?

Tosher

Feb 23, 2011
Media
Albums
Hi, we have had our Lorrie now for a few weeks, she is getting quite a character :). Thought someone on here might know why sometimes she has warm feet and other times freezing cold feet?

Thanks in advance :rainbow1:

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
When are the feet cold? They're usually very warm when they first wake up from their sleep or when I go to pick them up out of their cage from their nap. Cold can be from just wondering around playing.

Boo

Feb 21, 2011
When my cockatiel walks around on the hardwood floor downstairs his feet get cold, but when I pick him up after he sits with one foot tucked in, his feet are nice and toasty!! Especially the one that was tucked in lmao :D

OP
Tosher

Tosher

Feb 23, 2011
Media
Albums
Thanks for the answers. Her feet seem to be hot or cold at no particular time. Just an observation, wondered if there was a reason for it such as mood?

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
If it has anything to do with moods, then I will never be able to read Mishka LoL
Different times of the day, his feet are hotter than other times

Bright Star

May 28, 2011
Colorado
Parrots
Keats (budgie) born Feb. 18, 2011, and Raphael (budgie) adopted July 3, 2011. Finn, a Brown-Head Poicephalus, born January 4, 2010, has also joined the family!
I have always been surprised at how warm my budgie's feet are when he sits on my hand. It's one of my favorite things about him. Is that weird? :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts