thermodynamic

Apr 13, 2012
Stillwater, MN
Parrots
Rosie = Rescued Pineapple GCC,
Rusty = bought Cinnamon GCC,
Scooter = bought Normal GCC,
Tybbi MacGuyver = Rescued Blue Crown Conure
My double-decker any Tybbi's cages both have these wheels...

Petco Designer Mink Brown Standing Parrot Cage - Parrot Bird Cage and Playtop Bird Cage from Petco.com

BIRDCAGES4LESS.com: Double Pali Place™

Amusingly, despite being in the unlocked position, I've had casters on both cages break on me this morning when moving them before the new bed people come with the big-honkin' mattress...

Are there generic replacement casters from Ace that I could put in, should I find a long enough dolly that will fit the cages' bottoms (and have decent wheels on them), or should I go all the way and buy replacement cages :11:...

critterman

Jan 1, 2011
Maryland
Parrots
Crimson bellied conure.
Who is your cages made by? Can you contact them and ask about replacement wheels? Have you tried to research it on the internet? New wheels cost less. Good luck!

OP
T

thermodynamic

Apr 13, 2012
Stillwater, MN
Parrots
Rosie = Rescued Pineapple GCC,
Rusty = bought Cinnamon GCC,
Scooter = bought Normal GCC,
Tybbi MacGuyver = Rescued Blue Crown Conure
The web search I tried before posting (so far) was fruitless - apart from generic casters that may or may not fit the actual cages at hand. :(

My cages were made by two different companies; the Petco cage was definitely re-branded from some other brand, which does not help matters...

The best I can do is, for the 4cagesforless.com site, ask them if they sell replacement wheels...

Last edited:

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
We have a local store that specializes in parrots, and they have the replacement wheels for the cages they sell (we've had to replace a few). Where did you get the cage? I would take the wheel into them and ask if they can find a replacement. It's at least worth a shot. Otherwise, you can measure the wheel and try to see if the online store has wheels of the same size that could fit.

Greenwing

Mar 8, 2013
Parrots
GW , BG , DYH , YN, CAG
I would just knock one off...( They come off..pressure fit) and take it to home depot or a Ace hardware and match it up...

I just brought a set for a cage.. They are pretty cheap..

Riio

Apr 19, 2011
San Diego California
Parrots
'Rio'~RIP baby girl 'Sunshine'~Yellow Side Green Cheek Conure
Yup, should be able to find replacements at the hardware store. Just take one off each cage with you to get the correct size.

goalerjones

Oct 24, 2011
Parrots
Hahn's macaw, RIP George, Jenday Conure
I took the cheap plastic ones off mine and put some more heavy duty ones on. Got the from lowes and hammered them into place. Now they roll over carpet as well as the tile and dont fall out.

Just remember to use wood between your hammer and the casters when pounding them into the opening or else it will damage them.

michael909ca

Jul 17, 2013
Hi we have a similar problem we are having trouble with. We have a rather large cage and 2/5 of the wheels came out. We have located new wheels from the store we bought the cage from however the wheels no longer go into the cage as if the piece with the thread which the wheel screws into is gone and we have no idea what to do we have considered buying a piece of solid steel and sticking it inside and then threading it however the steel like that is impossible to find in our area...Any better ideas? thank you for your time!

Gizmomania

Banned
Banned
Aug 25, 2012
San Diego
Parrots
Duskies: Gizmo & Niko, hatched 3/12 & 5/12; pineapple GCC: Skittles, 5/10/13; Pan Am: Harley, 1/27/13; CAG: Maalik, 7/27/13; Eclectus: Ziggy, 4/4/04; BHC: Walter 6 y; baby Jardine's: Bogart-May!
I have two of these cages and have never had any problems with these wheels. I'd begin by asking Petco if they'll send you some replacement wheels.

Most Reactions