Does anyone else's bird like to wrestle

dranger1108

May 9, 2008
Parsons, Kansas
Parrots
5 love birds
6 cockatiels
2 green cheeks
Milo loves to wrestle with my hand... does anyone else have a bird that likes to wrestle?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y3k4XPzKyU&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Milo wrestling[/ame]

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Thanks for the video, enjoyed it.
Milo is so cute, could eat him (joking)
Mishka loves wrestling at night when sitting on her towel.
She attacks my hands, in a gently way, then wants her towel.
I take the corner, of the towel, towards her beak, then she has a good go at it, wrestling with it. Then she pulls it towards herself, then I have to try pull it back.
Perhaps we should have a bird wrestling competition LoL.
Take care, and that of our feathered friends !!!!

parrotqueen

Jan 14, 2010
Media
United States
Parrots
Pineapple & Sunshine--Gray/wildtype male cockatiels
How adorable! Of all the birds I've owned and read about, I've never heard of any wrestling! Sunshine just likes to snuggle and play peekaboo with a blanket, towel, or even my hand! He even sings to fabric.

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Sunshine just likes to snuggle and play peekaboo with a blanket, towel, or even my hand! He even sings to fabric.[/QUOTE]

I think Sunshine should sing to Madonna "Material Girl" LoL :D

ScottinVentura

Nov 15, 2009
Ventura, CA
Parrots
Blue Front Amazon
Boo loves to wrestle. I'll start out scratching his head, and after he's had enough of that he does this high-pitched growly noise, grabs a fingers and starts gnawing on it. That's my cue to start tickling his chest and neck and growling back at him. We wrestle for a while, until he drops his head and wants to just be scratched again.

OP
dranger1108

dranger1108

May 9, 2008
Parsons, Kansas
Parrots
5 love birds
6 cockatiels
2 green cheeks
Everyone's birds sounds so cute. I'm so lucky that I got Milo, that his former mom let me adopt him. he is turning into my little feathered kiddo. I keep trying to figure out more ways to enrich his life and give him things to do.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwFd42hkzRI"]:rolleyes:[/ame]

leighann5

May 19, 2011
Thanks for sharing the video -- adorable! Naomi my little pineapple green-cheek loves to wrestle. I wasn't sure what she was doing at first -- at times when I thought she wanted "scratches" I'd start to scratch her and she'd start gently biting me and rolling on her back like a puppy that wants to wrestle. Eventually I figure it out, but it took me a while.

Tswift

Feb 3, 2011
Parrots
2 Caique Sisters- Ava and Sheik
Did someone say wrestling?

Video of my Ava and Sheik (White Bellied Caiques):​
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac4nV2qyCCQ&list=UUhY8B0LC74H68K2DMJrhwdQ&feature=plcp]Caiques Playing on Bed (part 2) - YouTube[/ame]

It was hard to pick a video, but this one shows how they wrestle with me and each other. Most of the videos on my channel are me playing with them like this, though.

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Very cute video! My conure likes to play tug of war, but I try to discourage that. But, if I try to wipe the veggies off her beak, she wants to play instead.

My cat likes to wrestle, but I know what will happen. She will shove my hand into her mouth and bite it, lol!

nofearengineer

Sep 8, 2010
Parrots
Gandalf - CAG (1997-2010) R.I.P. my baby boy.
Bitty - CAG (2 yrs old? and working on spoiling her rotten)
Bitty loves to wrestle. When she play bites, she often says "BOOP!", which is what I say to her when I poke her in the belly with my index finger.

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Milo looks like he's ready for you to put him on his back and play "footies". Jake the YN loves to wrestle and play like Milo.

Most Reactions

Latest posts