Parrots
Crimson bellied conure- Tequila
Greencheek conure- Sierra
Pearled cockatiel- Malibu
Cockatiel- Volkan
Yellow budgies- Pina Colada and Houdini
Blue budgie- Lightning
White and blue budgie- Ciroc
I have to admit me and my cousin have been pretty excited about introducing them we were going to try set up system in house were they can video call each other in the evenings too test their intelligence apparantly a survey was did were parrots enjoy video calling each other
You'll have to keep us updated! I've seen videos of parrots calling each other and I follow this woman on Instagram but the videos are heavily edited and there's a massive story on each post that seems to anthromorphise the parrots a bit which doesn't sit well with me.

OP
S

Shaz UK

Aug 17, 2023
Parrots
Quaker parrot
You'll have to keep us updated! I've seen videos of parrots calling each other and I follow this woman on Instagram but the videos are heavily edited and there's a massive story on each post that seems to anthromorphise the parrots a bit which doesn't sit well with me.
Yeah I'm not really sure how it will go. Diva loves youtube videos of other birds she really loves pluto the quaker on YouTube and I can almost guarantee that some day she's going to say the pig she gets so so excited over that phrase when pluto says it lol I'm not sure though that she will be able to tell the difference to a live video where she can communicate back with the other bird from a normal YouTube video it's worth a experiment though I think and even if she doesn't get the connection of it been live video I'm sure she'll still enjoy seeing another bird on screen

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
It's definitely fun! My flock are out together and I don't ask anything from them really, other than to go into the cage when I say and go in the carry case so they can go outside. A few of them want barely anything to do with me, but there's a few that want nothing more than to sit with me all day and I don't mind that at all!
Mine don't do in their cages when I ask, demand, try to cajole, etc. They sometimes inject strenuously because they're like two year olds! Try asking a two year old to stop having fun, go to bed and stay in bed!
Therefore sometimes, specially with my baby Rocky, the most human bonded of all, I must pick her up in her favorite soft "blankie" and put her back but we're best buds at sunrise next morning, no fail!

Greenhouseparrots

Nov 27, 2022
UK
Parrots
Crimson bellied conure- Tequila
Greencheek conure- Sierra
Pearled cockatiel- Malibu
Cockatiel- Volkan
Yellow budgies- Pina Colada and Houdini
Blue budgie- Lightning
White and blue budgie- Ciroc
Mine don't do in their cages when I ask, demand, try to cajole, etc. They sometimes inject strenuously because they're like two year olds! Try asking a two year old to stop having fun, go to bed and stay in bed!
Therefore sometimes, specially with my baby Rocky, the most human bonded of all, I must pick her up in her favorite soft "blankie" and put her back but we're best buds at sunrise next morning, no fail!
I've done a lot of training with mine and they're still not perfect and refuse to go in sometimes :ROFLMAO:
Does Rocky like the blanket? I pick my budgies up in a scarf most days to put them in the carry case and get them outside and Pina Colada loves it and starts gently nibbling on it!

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I've done a lot of training with mine and they're still not perfect and refuse to go in sometimes :ROFLMAO:
Does Rocky like the blanket? I pick my budgies up in a scarf most days to put them in the carry case and get them outside and Pina Colada loves it and starts gently nibbling on it!
Rocky loves the soft fleece fabric. She doesn't fear being picked up and carried in it and put into her cage- she just doesn't want to go back in and will bite my hands to avoid it. Hence, the blanket.

OP
S

Shaz UK

Aug 17, 2023
Parrots
Quaker parrot
Rocky loves the soft fleece fabric. She doesn't fear being picked up and carried in it and put into her cage- she just doesn't want to go back in and will bite my hands to avoid it. Hence, the blanket.
Bedtime was when I got the most painful bites with Diva the was definately a toddler throwing a fit what I had was teach her to get into cage alone when I told her bedtime and rewarded her with a sunflower the only time she gets one I didn't want begin to associate been told to step up as as the end of fun or a negative so when I do step ups it's for fun activities or spending time with me and I try to use verbal commands and lures and treats works marvelous for the most part to get her where I want her but off course for safety reasons and her been stubborn I have to ocassionally force a step up or lift her to move her which results in tantrums bites and sulking lol rocky loving her fleezy lift is so cute. I might need to get nice soft blanket and begin desensitiving Diva to it she loves been snuggled into My flee e dressing gown so she might actually enjoy it while my hands bleed less lol

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts