Does your conure reply to outside birds?

Pinkstiletto66

Sep 25, 2011
NYC
My bird will squack or respond to other birds constantly. Mainly in the mornings, but that's because the sparrows are vocal mainly in the mornings. Would a friend help, is this something that Birdie will grow out of?

osnyder

Sep 26, 2011
Philadelphia
Parrots
Stitch the Blue Crown Conure
That's very normal. Do you see it as a problem? If you get another bird they may just BOTH do it :)

suncon97

Jul 31, 2011
Parrots
Pearl-African Grey-Hatched Apr. 28,2011
I have a grey and whenever she goes outside in her carrying cage to get some fresh air she lets out a series of squawks. I'm guessing she hopes to get a reply haha. But whenever birds fly over or she hear anything she lets out noises like I've never heard. Bird communication I guess.

Mare Miller

Banned
Banned
May 14, 2011
Media
sierra foothills of central California
Parrots
13yr. old male umbrella cockatoo,
we call him Amigo!

7yr. old Goffin cockatoo, she IS Sassy!!
Mi Amigo has learned raven speak, in a sense, he does their gluck, gluck sound. He is outside a lot and we have ravens around the property that visit him often. When the big buzzards fly over, he huddles into the trees and is very quiet, even though they are not his biggest threat but their size scares him. Now hawks are a different story. He gets very upset and vocal when one of them come around. He is a larger bird than the red-tail hawks we see and so far Amigo seems to intimidate them, they just keep on going and don't stop to investigate the terror in the tree!

andrea.faerie

May 16, 2011
North Carolina
Parrots
My lovely little Black Cap Conure, Lucy (in the sky with diamonds) <3
Both my fids try to communicate with the other birds outside :) sometimes they chirp back! haha it's kinda funny. when it gets too loud I just shut the window though. Then again... Lucy tries to talk to Osiris... and he'd just rather sit on his rock and soak up the rays... he doesn't say much haha

(osiris is my almost 2 year old bearded dragon lol)

OP
Pinkstiletto66

Pinkstiletto66

Sep 25, 2011
NYC
Both my fids try to communicate with the other birds outside :) sometimes they chirp back! haha it's kinda funny. when it gets too loud I just shut the window though. Then again... Lucy tries to talk to Osiris... and he'd just rather sit on his rock and soak up the rays... he doesn't say much haha

That last part made me laugh. My window is closed and do I hear it. I usually hear it at 7:20, but I thought today was different but the sparrows outside were quiet at that time, but at 10 AM, it was on like popcorn. Like my bird was waiting and went nuts.. OMG! I dread that time.

andrea.faerie

May 16, 2011
North Carolina
Parrots
My lovely little Black Cap Conure, Lucy (in the sky with diamonds) <3

That last part made me laugh. My window is closed and do I hear it. I usually hear it at 7:20, but I thought today was different but the sparrows outside were quiet at that time, but at 10 AM, it was on like popcorn. Like my bird was waiting and went nuts.. OMG! I dread that time.
HAHA! I understand! Lucy talks to everything... or at least has something to say about everything! When my alarm goes off in the morning she starts sqwaking and screeching... then i hit snooze... 15 minutes later, SAME thing lol.

I need to get a pic of Lu and Osiris... it's so funny. She'll crawl on the side of his cage and call to him and run around on the sides of his cage and try to get his attention and he just sits there... he's kinda laid back haha:p

OP
Pinkstiletto66

Pinkstiletto66

Sep 25, 2011
NYC

Atwee921

Apr 22, 2011
Maine, USA
Parrots
Sprite the cinnamon green cheek conure.
YES. He loves watching birds outside!! Every morning he gets his cage wheeled over to the window to see the birds outside (we have a bird feeder at the window)

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
My Nanday doesn't usually reply to outside birds, but she will definitely reply to other parrots she sees and hears on TV or the computer, especially other conures.

Most Reactions

Latest posts