Don't you some times wish that your parrot was a bit less clever?

lotosha

Jun 29, 2012
Parrots
A pair of cockatiels
And pair of African Greys
Fort example my CAG never ever had problem with "step up". Since her first day at home she made it so easy.
Now she have learned me and my body languages so well, that she recognizes when I ask her to "step up" because I wont to put her in cage and leave the house or if it's a sleep time. In those particular cases she just won't "step up" not for a million. I now have to trick her with nut or something. It's just so funny and surprising how clever they are. :22:

MissTaz

May 11, 2013
Utah
Parrots
Rory ~ A male turquoise green cheek conure ~ Hatched 02-12-2013
It amazes me every day how smart our birds are.

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
Sigh. I so know what you mean. I've been using a shiny teaspoon to lure Barney and Madge back into their cage. Madge has now learned exactly what the spoon means and now she takes herself up to the highest bookshelf as soon as the spoon appears.

In our family, we have a name for people like that: we call 'em 'Miss Smarty-Emu'.

OP
lotosha

lotosha

Jun 29, 2012
Parrots
A pair of cockatiels
OP
lotosha

lotosha

Jun 29, 2012
Parrots
A pair of cockatiels
Sigh. I so know what you mean. I've been using a shiny teaspoon to lure Barney and Madge back into their cage. Madge has now learned exactly what the spoon means and now she takes herself up to the highest bookshelf as soon as the spoon appears.

In our family, we have a name for people like that: we call 'em 'Miss Smarty-Emu'.

So we outsmart them, but they out-out-smart us back:) So I have to start thinking of plan "b" instead of using her favorite nut:)

gemini84

Oct 27, 2012
north qld, Australia
Parrots
alexandrines : Oxy, Bruno, prince (was princess)
i have the same problem with prince and bruno. bruno is ok if i give him kisses all the way to his cage but prince omg,i van spend 10min trying to get him...... its the only time i wish they werent flighted....lol

Most Reactions

Latest posts