Eclectus breeding/keeping as pet

jrzgrl66

Nov 20, 2010
East Stroudsburg, PA
Parrots
1 Female eclectus
I have a female eclectus that will be 5 in spring. Have chance to get a male that is about 4. Both are VERY friendly & lovable. I was informed that if they bond, they will NOT be pets anymore. They will most likely become somewhat agressive.

Does anyone have any feed back on this? When I use to breed my cockatiels, they were a bit timid with the babies & protective but were fine after they didn't have them anymore.

I just love her to death & don't want to loose that loving bond I & my family have with her.

CrypticDelirium

Sep 16, 2010
NC
Parrots
Georigie, a very maniacal ball of fluff.
Babii (baby), The cuddle sponge
It is definitely possible she could become possessive and show aggression because of it. There's also the chance they'll hate each other and never be able to be near each other and your time will be divided between them. Plus, with so many birds plucked bald and abused in rescues and being pawned off on craigslist, please consider the possible future of any babies that may come if they bond and mate before making a decision!
Best of luck in whatever you decide. = )

2Birds3Kids

Sep 14, 2010
Media
Southern California
Parrots
Male Vos Eclectus
Female Vos Eclectus
Male Cockatiel Pied Cinnamon
Female Cockatiel
Keep them in separate cages and make sure you have plenty of one on one time with each of them individually.

Most Reactions

Latest posts