Eclectus male with Pale yellow feathers

nanadini

Jun 15, 2013
Hi,

I just adopted an Eclectus Male. He is not our first, we do have others. He is a vosmaeri.

The thing is he has pale yellow feathers underneath his wings, Both sides.

I have adopted a few pluckers who have bright yellow feathers due to damage follicles, So i know its not because of plucking.

I can't find images on the internet of eclectus with pale yellow feathers therefore wondering if anyone else has seen this.

thanks.
:green:

OP
N

nanadini

Jun 15, 2013
Hi,
I just found out that mine is a mutation, which is kinda cool.

I have a few babies which have half or not all yellow feathers. It is also normal/ mutations. You don't have anything to worry about.

I have older ones which are pluckers, now their yellows can be due to damage feathers.

But if you are giving your guy fresh fruits and veggies, ect... then you have noting to worry about. One or few yellow feathers are okay.

Nanadini:yellow1:

I posted something similiar a few days ago --> http://www.parrotforums.com/eclectus/32349-my-eko-h-bit-half-yellow-half-red-feathers-ok.html

I am sort of concerned about him as well, as hes only going on 5 months old and it must be something I am doing? His are half red, half yellow.

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
I've seen photos of eclectus who change color due to medication.

The color may be normal, may be a trait (not necessarily a mutation), or it could be caused by something else entirely and when healthy and on a great diet the feathers will molt out normally. There's a lot of variances to feather change in eclectus.

Most Reactions

Latest posts