The truth about eclectus feather dust!!!

Fluffonia

Aug 4, 2023
Media
Slovenia
Parrots
Red sided ekkie female -
Ruby
Hatchingday- 14th of May, 2023
So, have you seen: Hypoallergenic: YES! The Eclectus parrots do not produce any feather dust because they have oil glands rather the dust glands so they are perfect for the individuals with allergies or asthma.
And I can tell you THAT is almost fake. I can say this since I, for one, has a ekkie, and, it’s my personal experience.
Ruby has produced a fair amount of feather dust, just a bit less then average. It said, ekkies also have oil glands, too. (So part of it IS real)
So, is you want to get a ekkie, and saw that kind of things said, you would know that they are partly fake.
There may be exception, though. Every individual is different. This is a pic just to support that, though ekkies have more feather dust then ‘usual’ when molting!
IMG_1315.jpeg

WingDing

Nov 13, 2017
Media
Texas
Parrots
Toby - RS Eclectus
Midori - Nanday Conure
Agree that Eclectus are not dust-free or even "low-dust" birds. Our eclectus hangs out with me in my office all day and everything quickly becomes covered in bird dust. I have to wipe all the furniture down a couple of times a week and vacuum. I also have an air purifier running all day.
I encourage our bird to take frequent baths but he is only really open to it once a week.

Most Reactions

Latest posts