Ecluctus female colour changes

javaid

Dec 15, 2011
I live in a beautiful city Islamabad (capital of P
Parrots
I have five pairs of eclutus,many paird of indian ringnecked, many paird of exhibition budgies.
Dear friends, i have five pairs of ecluctus and breed them i colony environment outside, two of my breeding female devolop yellow feathers on thier heads just like mottles ,and some feather with yellow tips(one thired is yellow). I think its not a disease because they are very good breeders and in good health.
please advice me:(
regards

Pedro

Dec 15, 2010
Australia
Parrots
2 Budgies, 3 Cockatiels, 6 GCC'S, 2 Crimson Bellie Conures, 9 Sun Conures, 2 Major Mitchells, 12 Eclectus parrots of various ages, 2 BF Amazons, 2 Hahn's Macaw's, 1 Red Tail Black Too
Dear friends, i have five pairs of ecluctus and breed them i colony environment outside, two of my breeding female devolop yellow feathers on thier heads just like mottles ,and some feather with yellow tips(one thired is yellow). I think its not a disease because they are very good breeders and in good health.
please advice me:(
regards

A normal colored female eclectus developing yellow feathers is very unusual & not a mutation, however it's possible they have liver disease due to to much sunflower & saffower in their diet. Could be to much of something or lacking something. Vitamin A deficency can also cause feathers to turn yellow.

Make sure they are have a well balanced diet.

Land of Vos - Birds of a Different Feather - Mary Nogare

Check out the link.

Hochimama

May 5, 2011
Malaysia
Parrots
{used to have} Fisher LoveBird, PeachFace Lovebird, Albino Indian RingNeck {used to have}
You mind upload a few pictures ?

OP
J

javaid

Dec 15, 2011
I live in a beautiful city Islamabad (capital of P
Parrots
I have five pairs of eclutus,many paird of indian ringnecked, many paird of exhibition budgies.
Dear Friends:
Thanks for your reply, i am breeding them outside and i think i am giving them good diet, yes it may be possible that they r eating sun flower too much seed s because its too much cold out side and before a month i started sun flower seeds(in limited quantity),but i just stopped giving them ,my friend also advice me to give then viadaline (vitamen) in water acctually i am not giving them any vitamen, soon i will show pictures
my best regard to all

cnyguy

Apr 23, 2010
Syracuse, NY
Parrots
Quaker parrot, Ralph
It may be because of damaged feather follicles. That will sometimes cause new feathers that grow in to be a different color.

dna

Feb 27, 2011
Media
Pennsylvania
Parrots
Isabella ~ African Grey Congo (female)/
Malachai ~ Soloman Eclectus (male)/
Willow ~ Sun Conure (female)/
OH I misread! I though he was saying the babies from the breeders were getting yellow feathers! I should read more throughly before commenting. :(

lovethyparrot

Dec 27, 2011
The yellow feathers in Eclectus can also be from plucking. If they pluck to put the feathers in the nest box and continue to pluck the same spots they can develop yellow feathers. It can happen with males and females. I read this in some research paper a while ago.

Most Reactions

Latest posts