Egg Suprise - A New Recipe

Dacombe

Aug 13, 2011
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot, Rupee
Hello,
I have just invented a recipe for my Eclectus Parrot, Rupee, and I thought I'd put it on here for others to try.

You'll need an egg poacher (I used a microwave one which makes it really easy!).
1 Egg
Seeds
Assorted vegetables to your parrot's taste.

1. Crack egg open into poacher, wash shells and crush them up and put them in too.
2. Add seeds.
3. Add finely chopped vegetables. Purple cabbage is very cool to put in as it makes the some of the egg go blue-ish, which my Eclectus loves. I also used peppers and broccoli.
4. Make sure the seeds and vegetables are sitting in the egg mix so that when it cooks they will be inside the egg!
5. Microwave poacher for two minutes.
6. Cool down and serve.

If it's too much egg for your bird you can cut it in half and serve the rest another time.
I wouldn't feed this all the time as too much egg is not good, but once in a while for your parrot's weekly egg allowance!

I just thought this was a fun idea and wanted to know if other parrots enjoyed it as well! :red1:

Last edited:

chippy

Feb 16, 2013
Parrots
2 Indian Ringnecks, Tiki (DH's) and Pippin (mine), 1 lovebird, Gemma (DD's) and 1 in birdy Heaven... RIP, Wilbur.
I do something similar, but I just scramble the eggs... It was one of Wilburs faves...the IRNs think it's "ok" and the lovebird is not a fan... but, then, she is picky picky picky!

Most Reactions