Emergency!!!!!!!!!

Meenadivya18

Jul 7, 2016
We had bought ab alexendrine this is not the season so we got big we don't know it was earlier pet of some one or was in jungle as shopkeeper don't tell but plz help how to tame if he is from jungle plz he is bigger than 7 month

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Hi and welcome. Wild or left alone for awhile, most parrots take some time to get them tame. It could take a few weeks or it could take longer. Patience, patience and more patience. Read on this web-board how to tame parrots. Always remember - It Is Never The Parrots Fault. If he is not giving the reaction you expect remember this, and figure out what YOU are doing wrong. Ask a lot of questions here, you have good, experienced people here. Whats is your parrots name?

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Meenadivya18, I understand the urgency you must feel, especially if your Alexandrine is wild caught. The truth is, building a bond with a parrot takes time and as mentioned above, lots and lots of patience and compassion. You need to give the bird every reason to trust you and no reason to fear you. You will be able to learn a lot by reading through our species specific sub forum for Alexandrines, here's a link.

Alexandrines - Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community

And here is a link with some great tips on bonding.

http://www.parrotforums.com/general-parrot-information/49144-tips-bonding-building-trust.html

How are your budgies getting on, have you had a chance to work with them and provide them with toys and a variety of perches? We'd love to hear an update. Best of luck with your new Alex companion.

OP
M

Meenadivya18

Jul 7, 2016
I had to return those to shopkeeper as this creature would have eaten them

happy410

Jul 23, 2015
ALABAMA
Parrots
Happy, DYH Amazon
Tesla, Blue & Gold Macaw
You returned the bird the same day? Don't mean to sound negative but you need to do alot of research before you rush into getting a parrot. You can find LOTS of great information on here. Not only was it a bad experience for you, but the bird went thru trauma also. Please take time for research. Anyone on the forum would be more than happy to answer any questions you have.

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
Please, please read the links Allee has given you and learn as much as you can. The budgie story was not exciting to read and a red flag to me I am afraid.

You will need a good sized cage and perches of different types and sizes, toys and the correct food. If you have these as a starter then the bird hopefully has somewhere to feel safe in. To be honest I am concerned by the fact that you had budgies one minute and this Alex the next.

Do us all a favour, read and learn and then show us some pics that you are a serious bird owner/parront, that you want the best for him/her. If you have no commitment then take this one back too.

OP
M

Meenadivya18

Jul 7, 2016
So you all want to know my story then listen I had an Alex at first he was 15 days old he had been 3 months with us one day he stopped speaking we took him to vet 2 times that day but he died we all family cry till now for him we wanted another Alex that time he wasn't available on store so we bought budgie but next day he was available so we returned budgie and bought a big alex

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
So you all want to know my story then listen I had an Alex at first he was 15 days old he had been 3 months with us one day he stopped speaking we took him to vet 2 times that day but he died we all family cry till now for him we wanted another Alex that time he wasn't available on store so we bought budgie but next day he was available so we returned budgie and bought a big alex

Thanks for shedding a little more light on your story. So sad that your Alex died. Did you ask/find out why such a young bird died? Such information is usually very helpful in 1) looking out so it doesn't happen again and 2) to make sure that as an owner everything was done right. I'll leave you now to continue your research but we would love to see pics of your bird in his new home in time. :)

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
Now he eat from my hand without hesitating
What to do next

Use both hands?

Meenadivya, I mean no disrespect and apologize for poking fun at you, my bad!
Your fears/concerns/questions are real!
Some day, I may grow up, but anyone that knows me, doubts it! Plus, I am finally at the age where I get a free pass!

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Now he eat from my hand without hesitating
What to do next

It sounds like he could be really hungry. Offer a dish of foods.

Have you set up the cage properly so your bird has free access to healthy foods? Please show us some pics of the cage and the bird as that allows us a better picture and to help you in a constructive way. If we can see what foods you are giving and the toys, perches etc. We can then offer more suggestions etc for you. We obviously have a slight language disadvantage to overcome also. Looking forward to hearing from you soon. :)

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.

Most Reactions

Latest posts