Entertainment ideas.

Camille

Dec 10, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Parrots
Floyd - Alexandrine
Hi All,
I have to rush off back to my hometown for approx. 4 weeks as my sister is very ill. Floyd will be looked after by my partner, which is a bit worrying as I usually do everything. I'm in the process of writing him a huge list of things he has to do haha.

The thing is, the poor little guy who is used to having company and being outside of his cage all day, will be caged for most of the day. What are some things that you have found entertains your flock for hours on end?

I've bought him a heap of new toys but with his destructive nature, it's only matter of minutes before its shredded on the bottom of the cage.

ANY ideas will be greatly appreciated :)

WannaBeAParrot

Jul 5, 2012
Media
SE Florida and Sullivan County, NY
Parrots
Cody-Blu, female Blue-Crowned Conure, Hatched - (approx) June 1, 2014, in a South Florida tree.

Pritti (Cherry-Head Conure) -- Fly in Peace my beautiful boy. Forever I'll love you.
Sorry to hear about your sister. Will he be locked in because your partner isnt comfortable havimg him out?
Does he fly?
could you or he get a play gym or atand that Floyd would step on to directly from top of cage, and Vice versa? Ut not of your partner isnt comfortable with it?

Two thing that can keep Pritti busy four hours and hours, days at a time is destroying small card oars boxes that are open on one end so his body is half way in. He rolls ball in to it, then out, drags in snuggle buddies then out. Hr takes it apart grom the inside out, bit by bite. He also loces a roll of paper towels. He literally tunnels his way through the center one shred at a time. One roll could last weeks. The i still get to use the outer unahredded towels. Fun balls and foot toys are more entertaining tham hanging toys for hi.

There are DVDs that r specifically for entertaining parrots. Tv and radio now and then might work too, but not loud or obnoxious stations.

Best wishes

OP
Camille

Camille

Dec 10, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Parrots
Floyd - Alexandrine
No my boyfriend will be at work all day. He has a play gym attached to his cage but for him to use that he needs to be out of his cage. Just worried what mischief he would get up to if left alone, free reign of the flat. He not flighted.

Those are good ideas, very cheap too. Thanks!

Most Reactions

Latest posts