Estate Planning??

Sonic Zippy

Mar 3, 2011
Cape Cod, MA
I am not a parrot owner, but I am considering adding a Congo African Grey to my family however, their long lifespan really concerns me.

I hate to think that after 30+ years of ownership and something happening to me - what happens to my FID? :(

How do you plan for something like that? I feel horribly guilty already and I haven't even purchased the bird yet.

I'm 38 - so I could potentially have a good 30+ years with this bird......but then what?

What are your plans for your FID's when the time comes?

Ann

Boo

Feb 21, 2011
You could always get an older CAG. Otherwise, I guess I would give him to my family to inherit and care for. If they don't want him, they'll know I'd like him to go to a good home to be spoiled, so I'd trust them to find him a good home :).

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old

Ann it's a gamble we all take, here one minute gone the next, it's all in Gods hands.
My AG Mishka is 3 years old. I am 48 years old. If anything tragically happens to me, Ecclipse (a member on the forum, also living in South Africa) will become Mishka's guardian. All Ecclipses' details are available for my sons to contact her.

Most Reactions

Latest posts