Ever heard of parrot meetups?

Feu

Apr 16, 2011
Seattle, WA
Parrots
Huginn - Black Headed Caique (male, hatched March 2011)
My caique loves meeting other birds. I live on the west coast and I usually take him with me on a harness to the local farmer's market where we'll occasionally run into other parrot owners. He always has a blast and I enjoy talking to other parrot parents, but it's not too common of an occurrence. I'd like to get him around other parrots more often.

A second parrot wouldn't fit our life, and my husband has suggested boarding him for a night once in a while when others are around, but I really wish there were the equivalent of a dog park for parrots! Has anybody ever heard of this sort of thing? Supposedly there are a lot of parrot owners in my area, but I don't know how something like this would work...

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Lilo - Female Green Cheek Conure ~ Pal - male cockatiel ~ Pheobe - female cockatiel
Hi I was wondering the same thing! We apparently don't live far away from you! Anyways my two don't do harnesses but I have a tiny cage for the park. I usually just go to parrot shops like Incas secret in Kent. Its a bit of a drive but sometimes I bring Lilo to see other birds and then she can pick out a toy. Kent is in the middle of Seattle and Tacoma btw if you didn't know what I'm talking about :) Good luck!

Last edited:

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
There is a San Antonio parrot club that has monthly meet ups... with well trained/behaved birds invited.

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Lilo - Female Green Cheek Conure ~ Pal - male cockatiel ~ Pheobe - female cockatiel
One thing though, if you do meet ups, try to do a vet check up and such to make sure your fid is giving anything. I ask Incas before I go if I can bring her, just in case and she always asks me if Lilo is up to date on vet check ups. And she is :) Its good to be careful!

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Well that's the danger isn't it, both giving and receiving...

Most Reactions

Latest posts