Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
This morning Venus and I did our morning routine, feed dogs, make coffee, make chop, feed Buddy and Buzz, sit with Venus while she eats and I sip coffee. Well I heated up a breakfast sandwich, left it on the side table away from her view. I left her sitting in my chair eating her chop while I got up to use the restroom. I return and find red bird munching on my sandwich. She was enjoying my sandwich, savoring every bite. So I let her have her fill and then broke up the sandwich and gave a piece to each dog and I couldn't leave out Buzz and Buddy. No worries they each got a pinch of bread and egg.

Venus has no fear and everything is her's lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeatriceC

Feb 9, 2016
San Diego, CA
Parrots
Goofy (YNA), Oscar (Goffin 'too). Foster bird Betty (RLA). RIP Cookie, 1991-2016 ('tiel), Leo (Sengal), Charlotte (scarlet macaw). Grand-birds: Liam (budgie), Donovan (lovebird), RIP Angelo (budgie)
It was apparently a thing this morning.

Leo had to be chased away from my cereal bowl multiple times. He was far more determined than usual.

OutlawedSpirit

Apr 12, 2016
Northern Illinois, USA
Parrots
Bo - DYH ~ Gus - CAG ~ Twitch - Linnie ~ Apple - Pineapple GCC ~ Goliath - Quaker ~ Squish - Peach face Lovebird
I'm convinced Ekkies are garbage disposals with feathers. I see so many posts from people having issues getting their birds to try new foods, and know it's something I will never have to worry about with my ekkies. Chicken actively tries to get anything anyone is eating, she doesn't care what it is as long as it's food. (She is honestly worse than the dogs). Even blind Tiki will eat anything I give him. He pretty much just assumes if I am handing him something, it is meant to be eaten.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
They just get extra joy out of eating anything that belongs to us, don't they? Lol! I'm sure that Venus got props from her flock and pack mates for getting them all extra treats for the morning!

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
I think it's just birds,in general,not just Ekkies!

BB will only eat new things from MY plate :eek: and right now,as I type away,Amy is on my desk,helping herself to coleslaw and smashed taters,and remnants of a lobster roll!

Jim

Most Reactions