Media
Orlando, FL / Austin, TX
Parrots
Misty ~ Cockatiel,
Sidney ~ Jenday Conure,
Paulie ~ Blue Crowned Conure
ok here is the coversation I had with the online chat

System
We are sorry for the delayed connection. Your question is important to us and one of our representatives will be with you soon.

Vaughn M.
Hello, thank you for waiting and welcome to eBay Live Chat! My name is Vaughn. If you're a registered member, may I start by having you confirm your User ID and first name?

I'm not a registered member but I used to be

Vaughn M.
Hello! How are you today?

I am wanting to report something for sale that I and alot of other peple I'm in contact with find offensive
I wasn't sure what your policy was on selling animal body parts

Vaughn M.
I'd be glad to assist you regarding your concern.

Vaughn M.
Do you have the item number, by chance, so I can check?

in this link you will find parrot wings and tails as well as corpses for sale
ths seller is remains4 u
I am on several bird forums and we all find this just plain sick
we are willing to take whatever measures to try to get them removed from Ebay

Vaughn M.
In this case, I'd like to give you a link where you can write to our Trust and Safety team so they can check on this listing.

may I ask what your opinion is about this?

Vaughn M.
Please click on this link: http://pages.ebay.com/help/contact_us/_base/Mounted_stuffed_birds.html

It asked for my user ID - I don't have one

Vaughn M.
Oh, I see. In this case, please try to compose an email using your personal email address and send it to [email protected]

thank you very much
that is what I have been trying to find

Vaughn M.
No, I should thank you for bringing this to our attention.

did you guys get that [email protected] lets swamp his email!

Tracy842

Super Moderator
Jan 12, 2007
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Popsicle the Senegal Parrot &
Pepsi the Mealy Amazon
I'm sending an e-mail now and will post this on other forums. Lets complain like crazy!!! That can't ignore us forever.

Tracy842

Super Moderator
Jan 12, 2007
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Pepsi the Mealy Amazon
Well here is my email to ebay. Hope it makes sense but I was angry when writing it.

To whom it may concern:

I'm writing regarding the items being sold by the seller remains4u. He is selling parrot body parts as well as corpses. Under CITES laws he is required to have the proper permits to be selling these items. Are you aware if he does have the proper permits? It is also illegal to bring wild caught parrots into the United States. Are you aware if these birds have been captive bred or wild caught? These birds may also be stolen property, as there are many cases each year of parrots being stolen.

Under ebay policy

Endangered or protected species, or any part of any endangered or protected species may not be listed on eBay.

Many parrot species are now protected and some even endangered. Do you properly look into the type of parrot parts he is selling and check to see if it a protected or endangered species?

Mounted specimens, feathers, and eggs of captive-bred, non-endangered non-native birds such as ostriches, emus, exotic pheasants, Mandarin ducks, guinea fowl, peafowl, and most parrots may be listed on eBay if not listed or sold in violation of state or local laws applicable to the buyer or seller.

How can you guarantee the buyer is regarding state laws? Do you monitor where the buyer is located and check the laws before these items can be shipped?

Your policy also states that hazardous items may not be listed on ebay. Are you aware of how these parrots have died? They may of had an illness that may be hazardous to animals and people.

It seems that this seller is not exactly corresponding with ebay policy or the law. Exceptions should be made for no one including this seller. I will personally stop at nothing to see that this is stopped on your site. Thank you.

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
Nice letter Tracy ...

Here's mine:

To whom it may concern:

I am writing this e-mail in hopes that you will look into some of the items listed by this eBay user:

http://myworld.ebay.com/remains4u/

He seems to be selling PARROT remains along with the feathers and complete tail sections of deceased birds. I am not a member of PETA, but I do have a pet parrot (which just happens to be one of the types that he has listed) and I find these items horrible. He says that his collection comes from the remains of birds who have "died natural causes at a local ranch" but I still find the addition of these items to eBay in extremely bad taste, and possibly a violation of eBay's user agreements ...

Thank you for looking into this matter.

XXXXXXX ~ TEX :50:​

birdcrazy

Oct 6, 2006
Media
Orlando, FL / Austin, TX
Parrots
Misty ~ Cockatiel,
Sidney ~ Jenday Conure,
I had a really great one it wasn't real angru but real pushy I was going to post it but my save sent items deal was turned off oh well I will prolly send another

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Still emailing ebay Uk, and see if they can get me an addy for reporting this. I find it maddening that I can buy from ebay US but I can't complain about anything. :eek: So they would quite happily take my money but don't want to know what I think. :mad:

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Thanks for the addy,

I was in the middle of writing email, clicked on the link to find all the item nos, and hey

THEY'VE GONE!
I've saved my email, and am now going to take a good look to see if they have just been moved or if they really have been taken off the site.

I'll let you know if I find anything.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
I've looked for everything by this sicko and the digusting items are gone. I'm still sending them email to let them know just how many people have been sickened by this.

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
AND THE MASSES REJOICED!!!​

:jumping40 :bigkiss: :jumping40 :jumping40​

Great work everyone!!

OP
meghanxx4

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
|Cockatiels:Tara and Shylo|
Budgies:Fresca and Domino|
Senegal Parrot: Kayto|
So unless he posts more then im happy i geuss. I still wish teh humane society would take his parts and birds that are alive though. He could just be doing on another auction site for all we know.

Tracy842

Super Moderator
Jan 12, 2007
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Pepsi the Mealy Amazon
Well I outraged people on another couple of forums. One of the people got a response from ebay stating that they have received many complaints about this and were in the process of removing the items and investigating the seller. :D Now if someone will investigate the bird ranch.

I have the sellers personal e-mail if anyone wants to send an e-mail to this guy

[email protected]

Way to go everyone on getting this removed!!!

Last edited:
OP
meghanxx4

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
|Cockatiels:Tara and Shylo|
Budgies:Fresca and Domino|
Senegal Parrot: Kayto|
sweet im gunna send that guy an email after i finnsih my homework .. maybe.

birdcrazy

Oct 6, 2006
Media
Orlando, FL / Austin, TX
Parrots
Misty ~ Cockatiel,
Sidney ~ Jenday Conure,
TIME FOR HATE MAIL! just kidding we aren't suuposed to do that are we?
I can't tell you guys how proud and honored I ma to be on a forum that cares so much and it devoted to the well being of parrots above all else. Thank you everyone who gave up personal time to get this thing ended!
PARROT FORUMS ROCKS!

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
Wow, you guys have this guys e-mail ... heheheh :54: I ain't gonna do nuthin' ... I promise ... well, maybe ...

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
Well I am sorry to say that its Monday morning and I have seemed to have missed a great deal of excitment. :33:
Well I am glad this was all taken care of with out having to resort to sicking Cricket and all her Parrot Forum posse on this guy :56: .... would of been a big mess, blood everywhere and chunks of fingers flying.

You know people like that guy make me wonder how they get up and look in the mirror in the morning. :mad:
Glad there was a pretty good out come to it, at least this guy knows there are people who care and know he is doing wrong... not that I think it would effect this creep either way.
well any ways...

GOOD JOB GUYS!!

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
Wow, I never even thought to send out the "Grey Boyz Posse" on this guy ... could you immagine what Cricket, Kito, and Bucc could do to this guy ... he'd be missing appendeges ... HA!

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
Wow, I never even thought to send out the "Grey Boyz Posse" on this guy ... could you immagine what Cricket, Kito, and Bucc could do to this guy ... he'd be missing appendeges ... HA!

I would call in the FIDS posse, cause the Greys have the little guys for back up.
Hamlet can go for the eyes :D

Tracy842

Super Moderator
Jan 12, 2007
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Pepsi the Mealy Amazon
On another forum someone metioned being able to see blood on the conures wings. I didn't notice but I didn't want to look at it to much because it made me sick. I think now we should try and find out as much as possible about this so called "bird ranch" I'll try contacting the SPCA and humane societies to see if they can tell me anything.

Most Reactions