Excited but going mad!

Sabbath

Apr 26, 2011
Media
I'm literally counting the days to when I can get my bird but I have SO MUCH TO DO!

I've yet to get a cage( I still need that check to be sent in!)I still need to pick up toys(Which I'm waiting for the cage so I know what to add!), I've looked at perches online but not at my local stores and I've yet to even pick up food!

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaah! I want this done so I can fine tune everything! I had the check mailed from tennesse to Florida(Here) so I'm hoping it won't take forever :(! Then I have to get it on my card, then shipping days. I hate this >.<!

That is my rant

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Oh I just went through that back in March...LoL
I was freaking out cause the guy give me a deadline that I wasn't expecting. I thought I had til the end of the month but he give me til the 11th which was only 5 days notice. I didn't have a cage or anything ready. Plus I was working everyday til that very Friday when I was off. All came together just fine at the very end thanks to my bird friends around that helped me find a distributor along the way to pick up the birds, I was lucky cause they were leaving for vacation that very afternoon and I got there at 10am....lol Brought them home, spent 2 hrs putting the new cage together, cut their food up and fed them, went to the store and bought them a bunch of toys, everything was fine! :)

OP
Sabbath

Sabbath

Apr 26, 2011
Media
Well good to know it worked! I'm not to worried about not getting everything on time, just not having everything ready for when the bird actually comes. I'd like to have all the toys and cage set up so the bird already has its environment set up and its food there(Sadly I have to order the formula online :p).

Thank you though :)

Abzeez

Apr 26, 2011
WI
Parrots
Bean the Blue Front Amazon, Chico the Ringneck, and Ida the African grey
Oh I am in the same boat! I had a cage, but found it to be unsafe, so now I am looking on craigslist for one, since the one I bought was an ebay purchase, and I can't return it. So there went most of the money I had saved for a cage. :(

I just ordered new toy parts, and a few new perches. Lucky for me there is a bird fair close by next weekend. You can always find discounted toys and cages at them. I am hoping I do! Fingers crossed.

Good luck!

OP
Sabbath

Sabbath

Apr 26, 2011
Media
Oh lucky! I wish I could find a bird fair up here in Jack's!
I just went out to buy the food(minus the formula GF want to buy that), some toys(I'll post of some pic later!) and a few perchs that I liked.

PetoftheDay

Dec 27, 2010
Boston area, MA
Soon the day will arrive, and you'll forget all this anxiety! Have you posted a "wanted" on Freecycle for your area for bird toys and/or a cage? You never know, someone may have perfectly good toys laying around that their bird rejected, for example, or an unused cage taking up space ... and it's all generally yours for free.

OP
Sabbath

Sabbath

Apr 26, 2011
Media
I've never heard of Freecycle, I'll have to check it out

Wysteria Peacock

May 11, 2011
Getting a new baby is so exciting, I remember when I went through that with Jazz, my Blue Headed Pionus. You can barely sleep the night before! Like other people have said, I'd just keep my eye out on classified ad sites for a cage (be sure to clean it well!).

I don't know if I'd buy used toys though, just because they're so much harder to get clean than cages, espically if saliva and poop and other stuff is sinking into the wood and fabric.

OP
Sabbath

Sabbath

Apr 26, 2011
Media
True about the toys but the cage would be a big plus, though I about to order a cage from pet co tomorrow(finallly!) so hopefully that worry will be out :p!

Also, can't wait for your grand opening ^_^ Hope you post your toys online for online shoppers

Most Reactions